Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 26 2009
By: WOODZ-REP-DA-BAY First Son 10 posts

Why does some users "REPORT ABUSE" feature not working?

3 replies 6 views Edited Jan 26, 2009

A friend of mine on home, whom is a female, is constantly harrased and the vicitim of "drive by friendings". Her XMB fills up with friend requests very quickly and we can never have a decent conversation on home without constantly being interrupted. None the less she has reported to me that after the latest update her report abuse function stop working.. after she hits "submit" it says server error. I reported the same guy and mine went throgh just fine. Is there any recomendations that she should do in terms of fixing her non-functioning report abuse feature?

At the very least is this a known issue with Sony and is there a fix in the works for the effected community members?

Thanks for anyones input

Woody

Message 1 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Re: Why does some users "REPORT ABUSE" feature not working?

Jan 26, 2009

From what I understand even with the error the report is processed.  You may want to read this official thread from Sony on Home moderation:

Concerning moderation in Home

Message 2 of 4 (6 Views)
Wastelander
668 posts

Jan 26, 2009

Also, you better warn her friend that getting a frivilous friend request is NOT a reportable offense. Getting a Friend Request doesn't force your game to pause or whatever, it just shows a pop-up message. IGNORE IT. If it's from the same user over and over, then she can BLOCK them. It's all very simple.

If that's what she's Reporting, she could be guilty of Report Abuse and get herself suspended.

Don't overreact to the little things.

Message 3 of 4 (6 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jan 26, 2009

thank you for the input fellow home users! yes she isn't reporting people for requests.. lol shes just tired of it. its more so the lame commetns she gets when she shows the other people no interest and then they start doing the whole dance in your face thing etc etc etc.

but thank you for the input. And yes i admit i browesed through the link thread but it was so massive i might have missed the part concrning the  "report abuse" topic. perhaps if there was a search function on this forum i might have zero'd in on it.

Message 4 of 4 (6 Views)
0 Likes