Fender Bender
3241 posts

Re: clothing for women who votes for this crap?

Oct 11, 2012

I think the main issue stems from Home's claims of being a family friendly enviroment for many.

Certain attire for women here is marketed because sex sells. Regardless of who buys and wears it (male or female) it sorta blurs the lines of appropriate clothing when Home also caters to kids as young as 13 who are still socially developing.

For others the question is raised about women that complain about being approached in inappropriate ways by disrespectful teen boys and even grown men. Yet...keeping in mind they may be wearing something to illicit the response from them to begin with.

Its a safe bet half of the clothing items available, women wouldnt wear in the streets in real life and to be offended by the end result is pretzle logic to say the least.

Its just one of those things where Home has a conflict of interest. because i dont see how Amazon bewb tops are deemed family friendly if a young 13 year old girl is wearing it and is approached by a group of teen boys. We all already know how this will turn out.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 54 (296 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7009 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I'm surprised I didn't see it mentioned here, so i'll chime in with a little something. Since you want a broader selection of tasteful clothing choices, why don't you find some examples...some pictures and post them in the suggestion thread. I know it probably seems a bit trite, but should your suggestions be well received someone might actually take notice and perhaps some of the items would be produced.

I enjoy my share of revealing clothing as well, but there are times that I'd prefer something more elegant...something with a bit more class. I'll gladly kudo your examples if they are to my liking...I'm sure others would to.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 54 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 13, 2012

...Oh For Heavens Sake ...Really??

...You're in a 'Video Game'!

...Comm'on!!

...Where u are all able to BE, DRESS and DO things that in reality u otherwise could not even imagine!!

...Thats wut makes us all play, thats wut intrigues us to try the things we try when in the virtual world.

...Thats wut keeps bring'in us back.

...You may not hav notice it yet but when in the virtual world u feel free'er, more relaxed.

...You speak differently, u act differently, u try new things u wuldnt dream of trying otherwise

...Its a virtual world, a chance to express ur true u without worrying wut others may think, as u may do in the real world.

... EXAPMLE:

... I LUV my Punkin Bra!! ...lol

...Wuld i wear it to the local grocery store to grab the milk and bread that i need tonight??

...well yea "i" probably wuld  O.O 

...but no, u kno wut im say'in lol

...it IS out of hand and it IS some of the craziest stuff i hav ever seen but.......... IT IS MAKE BELIEVE!!!!!

...Dont make it bigger than wut it really is.

...To this I say.........

...WHERES THe PUNKIN PANTIES??!!!

...no seriously, why giv us a punk'in bras n no panties?

...lol u kno how hard i had to look for the rite accent pants?  

...oh i found them, yes i found a pair of pants that look pretty "punk'in butt'y"

...lol thats not even a word! ...DOH! O.o

...Anyways, just hav fun people

...Do wut YOU do and enjoy

...Stop worrying bout wuts rite for others and just do YOU! 

...Stop judge'in and finger point'in

...Theres enough of all that stuff goin on in the real world

...Most of us come to "this" one to get away from all that

...I luv ya my fellow 'Home'ians"

...lol not a word either, but u kno wut i mean ...DOH!  O.o

...till the nxt rant!

...Happy Home'in Evry1!

...kitt

... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 54 (211 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Hello, I like allot of the stuff that they have for the female avatars, especially recently. It seems like they have better stuff for the female avatars on PlayStation Home now, then they did a year and a half ago or more, back when I quit. I understand that some people have a problem with the type of stuff that female avatars are getting, but I like it and see nothing wrong with it, it is cute / cool to me.

But I can understand where you are coming from in terms of things that male avatars get, that female avatars do not get, but it also works both ways. Back when I was using PlayStation Home and was using a female avatar, there were males that liked the items my female avatar had on, such as some items from the "Villain Wild Scarlet" costume. I think they were talking about how female avatars get all the good stuff, but it was along time ago, so I do not fully remember most of the conversation; but it seemed like they would have liked to have items like those, but I do not think it would have worked well for a male avatar and many males probably would have been against it.

But anyways, it seems like it is more variety now. Back when I was using PlayStation Home there were allot of bikinis, but it seems like there are much more and in higher quality and quantity now.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 54 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1253 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I want some punkin butty pants!!!!!
I agree with kitt-fox, lets dress up and have fun and if you think an item is too riscky for your avi keep your money in your wallet.
As for me I dress up, dress down, wear costumes, just have a hoot with the whole dress-up thing!

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 54 (165 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Oct 13, 2012

So long as the monthly Sales Reports show that items are selling, the developers couldn't care less about all the whining about the clothes.

I for one would far prefer stylish and more 'risque' clothing than high necked, lumpy shaped, low hemline crap. It's those of us who BUY the stuff that motivate the Devs to keep cranking it out.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 54 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
65 posts

Oct 13, 2012

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if the majority of the items are liberal or conservative, as long as developers can provide us with a decent variety of both. Everyone has their own style, and should be able to express it regardless of the sales figures.

Home Signature.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 54 (138 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Oct 13, 2012

For every skimpy outfit for sale on Home there is a nicely designed more modest outfit that we can choose to purchase instead. I like the U Love Green clothes as well as Billabong and Drey.

Home is 85% male so I just assume that many of the female avatars I see in skimpy outfits in public spaces are actually men using female avatars. It doesn't really bother me. I just buy the clothes I leke and wear what I'm comfortable in.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 54 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4390 posts

Oct 13, 2012

julie_love wrote:

For every skimpy outfit for sale on Home there is a nicely designed more modest outfit that we can choose to purchase instead. I like the U Love Green clothes as well as Billabong and Drey.

Home is 85% male so I just assume that many of the female avatars I see in skimpy outfits in public spaces are actually men using female avatars. It doesn't really bother me. I just buy the clothes I leke and wear what I'm comfortable in.

What do you mean by "leke"?

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 54 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1339 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Hmmm.... *shakes head at this thread*

I'm for all styles of clothing in Home, as I like a lot of everything in real life. So I'm not going to say we shouldn't have more styles of clothing, even if they don't show much skin.

Anyway, hate to break it to people that say, "When female avs wear so little, no wonder why they get hit on." or that "Female avs wear so little for attention purposes.". Maybe you weren't here back in the early stages of Home, but I recall female avs not having revealing clothing, yet they still got hit on like crazy. In my honest optinion, things haven't drastically changed. Sure, there's more revealing outfits, but it hasn't further made the boys act like tools. This has always been apart of Home and will continue to be, no matter what the clothing line is and how popular it is. I've said it before and I'll say it again: As long as it has bewbs and a*s, there's always going to be a bunch of boys behaving like idiots.

In my experience, I hardly have any troubles with the idiotic little boys that run around Home, no matter what my av is wearing. There's occasional moments, in which they come to bug me, but I don't feel bugged. Instead, I get smart with them, until their fragile minds don't know what else to say and run away. OR... I simply just ignore them.

As for the attention seeking, I have never dressed my av in any outfit just to get attention. I dress my av in stuff I actually like and would/have wore in real life. If I think it's cute and goes with something I own, I get it and wear it. That's it.

Now, I know some people have this whole thing with there being a time and place in Home for wearing certain things, but I don't. It's a virtual world and if I like my outfit, I'm keeping it on no matter what space I visit. Does that mean I'd do the same in real life? No. But is Home real life? Nope.

Anywho, I really do hope to see more styles of clothing in Home, even if they don't show much skin. Variety in general, is good to have.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 54 (109 Views)