Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11880 posts

Re: how many of you just got plus because of the home core update, only to find out...

Jan 29, 2013

I only got my because of Amazon, giving me 3 months worth of membership. which is already been used.

Later after getting my new PS3 it got a 1 month code, so i used it so i can import my save data.

Now that i'm plainning to get 1 year of plus, until i hear offers! 3 months extra. glad im a Plus

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 21 of 32 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Re: how many of you just got plus because of the home core update, only to find out...

Jan 29, 2013

Sony would be smart to implement some kind of Home gamer team that works on PS+ games.

Message 22 of 32 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jan 29, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Nope not buying PLUS for Home... That's for sure... But SONY does have a good offer started now for Plus memebers...

If u buy A YEAR of plus u get an Extra Three Month's of PLUS for FREE until March 4th 2013... Now that might be worth it... An Extra 3 Month's for FREE... WOW!  It been better if it were an extra 6 Month's Oh Well....  

:smileywink:

Then I better get to making a stack-on, because my Plus expires on March 8th. :smileywink:

As far as getting Plus just for Home... If you have that extra money lying around (I don't) and feel like blowing it for *bleeps* and giggles, then by all means do what YOU feel like doing, and let nobody tell you you're wrong. IF, on the other hand, you like Home and ALSO like to play video games without buying them like THIS guy *thumb to chest*, I'd whole-heartedly recommend Plus, because it's totally paid for itself at least 10 times over. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Message 23 of 32 (230 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2873 posts

Jan 29, 2013
:^/ I will not be getting Plus. It's too steep for the Home features alone, and renting games isn't my style.
Message 24 of 32 (218 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ I will not be getting Plus. It's too steep for the Home features alone, and renting games isn't my style.

Not really sure where everybody keeps getting THIS idea.  Unless you are the type who beats a game then goes back to play it years later, there's no game renting in Plus. Calling it that is people's way of justifying NOT getting Plus, when it's so much easier to just say they don't want it.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 32 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I think it's fair to call it a rental service, because any of the free games expire along with your Plus membership, although you do get to keep anything you bought at a discount. I also don't see the problem with having a rental service for the exact reasons Stardeth mentioned. Most games you play and move on. I don't even finish all of the games I start playing, and it's very rare for me to want to go back and play something again.

There's nothing in this Plus package for Home that makes me want to sign up. If I had more time for games and a bigger hard drive to take advantage of the other Plus features, I might be interested. If there were some very cool rewards available only to Plus members, I might be interested. As it is, I've made it this far with 24 save slots and the current hair colors, so I'm all set.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 26 of 32 (211 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Jan 29, 2013

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

I got it about a month ago just to be able to play Payday: The Heist which was a free download.

I'm not so sure if I'll allow myself to be locked in to the concurrent leasing renewal game though. It has its advantages but when you break it all down. Youre only leasing the games that are labled as FREE for PS + members. On the flip side there are games offered at reduced prices. But the hook is...if your console ever gets the YLOD so does your leased content.

Now the new argument will be with the new cloud storage all you have to do is buy another PS3.

But...I dont think I appreciate Sony spending my money for me. If my console dies I'd rather sell all my games and if its in the form of DLC then that isnt possible short of me selling my entire account.

Actually, you're wrong. In the unfortunate case where your PS3 might kick the bucket, as long as your membership is current in PS+, you would have access to all the free games and other goodies that have been previously added to your Download List. It's tied to your account, not your machine, as you can re-download the items again whenever.

Message 27 of 32 (198 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

Jan 29, 2013

mrdiamond666 wrote:
Upon waking up this am to find out the patch was pushed back? And what if they nix the plus stuff for home?

The features that will be added as a bonus for PS+ members are still coming with Home 1.75 when it arrives. No worries about that. 

Message 28 of 32 (197 Views)
Sackboy
282 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I've had PS+ going on 3 years now. I renew every year because I really enjoy all the benefits of free/reduced price games and/or DLC. Also having early access to demos and being able to participate in betas is nice too. I would recommend PS+ based off of those examples I gave, but I do not recommend purchasing PS+ solely for the Home perks.

Having access to x7 is something I could live without. Also the updates coming to Plus users with the core patch is something I could also live without. 48 slots is something I am not interested in. I'm happy with my 24 slots. The new hair and make-up colors may be of interest to me, but currently I have no idea what colors they are. I might not even like them. Really it would just be better if they offered the new colors to everyone.  So having Plus benefits in Home is nice, but not necessary. It doesn't really effect my Home experience.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 29 of 32 (124 Views)
Wastelander
819 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I have about almost 10 extra free games because of Plus, so no I didn't get Plus for a Home update, and I wouldn't. 

Message 30 of 32 (105 Views)
0 Likes