Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/18/2012
Online
4457 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

well...at least i see now that every ps home relationship isnt the same...maybe it was the ones i was seeing all the time.......i guess that just made me "assume" every relationship was dumb..which im wrong

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 120 (723 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/21/2011
Offline
773 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 24, 2013

"True Love burns the brightest, But the brightest flames leave the deepest scars"....sniffle...sniffle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 120 (712 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/04/2011
Offline
6276 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 24, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I feel like stating my two cents.

Well, to anyone who knows me, or really close to me on PlayStation Network, knows I've been in a relationship with a guy since March.

As you can guess it, we met on PlayStation Home actually. We've known each other for a few months though, however I remember seeing him around, before we ended up befriending each other last year.

 

I personally at one time, wouldn't even dare to date online. But, I say don't knock it till you at least experience it.

Of course, it's not easy at all. Mainly because you can't touch that person, or see them face to face. But, it doesn't black out the fact, they're a real person behind that avatar.

I don't even see my boyfriend as an avatar, I see him as I know him to be.. and that's why I'm with him.

 

Do I hope we end up meeting eventually, off the virtual world? You sure bet I do. We've already had talks over it, that in the future we'd like to work something out, to meet.

Because I don't wake up every day, and think.. "Oh, he's just my Home boyfriend, nothing more." No, he is my boyfriend and he's a lot more to me, than that. If I could have that with him some day, in the real world, I wouldn't turn it down for anything.

 

 


Please be very very careful on this point.....!!!!

 

 


Of course.

It's definitely something him and I, don't want to rush. We want to wait till we're both ready, and comfortable enough to do it.  The whole meeting up, won't be happening any time soon. Though when it does, I'll make sure to becareful.

Thanks for the concern.


I actually really love seeing you two together, Blur. It is so nice to see people happy together and enjoying themselves. Even though some people might not think that Home is an ideal place to find someone to be in a relationship with. I think that this day in age, anything is possible so don't rule it out, stranger things have happened.

 

I also know that I would far rather see 2 people happy and in love, enjoying their time together than see people arguing and fighting with each other which seems to be the norm on Home these days.

 

I guess what I'm saying is let your hair down and relax a bit, you never know what is around the corner and who you might meet!


Awhh, thank you, Vicki. It means a lot, and you know I'm happy you have your man as well. :cathappy: I do think it is nice to see people actually finding someone that makes them happy, even if it's on a virtual network, and through their tvs. We socialize with people daily on Home, they're not robots, they have feelings. 

Nobody should really knock it, until they've at least had their experience with it.

 

Plus, it's a nice feeling to have someone there, knowing they care about you. Even if you haven't met them personally, but that can always come later.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 120 (707 Views)
First Son
Registered: 05/11/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 25, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I feel like stating my two cents.

Well, to anyone who knows me, or really close to me on PlayStation Network, knows I've been in a relationship with a guy since March.

As you can guess it, we met on PlayStation Home actually. We've known each other for a few months though, however I remember seeing him around, before we ended up befriending each other last year.

 

I personally at one time, wouldn't even dare to date online. But, I say don't knock it till you at least experience it.

Of course, it's not easy at all. Mainly because you can't touch that person, or see them face to face. But, it doesn't black out the fact, they're a real person behind that avatar.

I don't even see my boyfriend as an avatar, I see him as I know him to be.. and that's why I'm with him.

 

Do I hope we end up meeting eventually, off the virtual world? You sure bet I do. We've already had talks over it, that in the future we'd like to work something out, to meet.

Because I don't wake up every day, and think.. "Oh, he's just my Home boyfriend, nothing more." No, he is my boyfriend and he's a lot more to me, than that. If I could have that with him some day, in the real world, I wouldn't turn it down for anything.

 

 


Please be very very careful on this point.....!!!!

 

 


Of course.

It's definitely something him and I, don't want to rush. We want to wait till we're both ready, and comfortable enough to do it.  The whole meeting up, won't be happening any time soon. Though when it does, I'll make sure to becareful.

Thanks for the concern.


I actually really love seeing you two together, Blur. It is so nice to see people happy together and enjoying themselves. Even though some people might not think that Home is an ideal place to find someone to be in a relationship with. I think that this day in age, anything is possible so don't rule it out, stranger things have happened.

 

I also know that I would far rather see 2 people happy and in love, enjoying their time together than see people arguing and fighting with each other which seems to be the norm on Home these days.

 

I guess what I'm saying is let your hair down and relax a bit, you never know what is around the corner and who you might meet!


Awhh, thank you, Vicki. It means a lot, and you know I'm happy you have your man as well. :cathappy: I do think it is nice to see people actually finding someone that makes them happy, even if it's on a virtual network, and through their tvs. We socialize with people daily on Home, they're not robots, they have feelings. 

Nobody should really knock it, until they've at least had their experience with it.

 

Plus, it's a nice feeling to have someone there, knowing they care about you. Even if you haven't met them personally, but that can always come later.


Swag

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 120 (643 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/11/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 25, 2013

Syst0mz wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I feel like stating my two cents.

Well, to anyone who knows me, or really close to me on PlayStation Network, knows I've been in a relationship with a guy since March.

As you can guess it, we met on PlayStation Home actually. We've known each other for a few months though, however I remember seeing him around, before we ended up befriending each other last year.

 

I personally at one time, wouldn't even dare to date online. But, I say don't knock it till you at least experience it.

Of course, it's not easy at all. Mainly because you can't touch that person, or see them face to face. But, it doesn't black out the fact, they're a real person behind that avatar.

I don't even see my boyfriend as an avatar, I see him as I know him to be.. and that's why I'm with him.

 

Do I hope we end up meeting eventually, off the virtual world? You sure bet I do. We've already had talks over it, that in the future we'd like to work something out, to meet.

Because I don't wake up every day, and think.. "Oh, he's just my Home boyfriend, nothing more." No, he is my boyfriend and he's a lot more to me, than that. If I could have that with him some day, in the real world, I wouldn't turn it down for anything.

 

 


Please be very very careful on this point.....!!!!

 

 


Of course.

It's definitely something him and I, don't want to rush. We want to wait till we're both ready, and comfortable enough to do it.  The whole meeting up, won't be happening any time soon. Though when it does, I'll make sure to becareful.

Thanks for the concern.


I actually really love seeing you two together, Blur. It is so nice to see people happy together and enjoying themselves. Even though some people might not think that Home is an ideal place to find someone to be in a relationship with. I think that this day in age, anything is possible so don't rule it out, stranger things have happened.

 

I also know that I would far rather see 2 people happy and in love, enjoying their time together than see people arguing and fighting with each other which seems to be the norm on Home these days.

 

I guess what I'm saying is let your hair down and relax a bit, you never know what is around the corner and who you might meet!


Awhh, thank you, Vicki. It means a lot, and you know I'm happy you have your man as well. :cathappy: I do think it is nice to see people actually finding someone that makes them happy, even if it's on a virtual network, and through their tvs. We socialize with people daily on Home, they're not robots, they have feelings. 

Nobody should really knock it, until they've at least had their experience with it.

 

Plus, it's a nice feeling to have someone there, knowing they care about you. Even if you haven't met them personally, but that can always come later.


Swag


Yoloswag

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 120 (638 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 05/11/2013
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 25, 2013

Syst0mz wrote:

Syst0mz wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

RockCandyGirl wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I feel like stating my two cents.

Well, to anyone who knows me, or really close to me on PlayStation Network, knows I've been in a relationship with a guy since March.

As you can guess it, we met on PlayStation Home actually. We've known each other for a few months though, however I remember seeing him around, before we ended up befriending each other last year.

 

I personally at one time, wouldn't even dare to date online. But, I say don't knock it till you at least experience it.

Of course, it's not easy at all. Mainly because you can't touch that person, or see them face to face. But, it doesn't black out the fact, they're a real person behind that avatar.

I don't even see my boyfriend as an avatar, I see him as I know him to be.. and that's why I'm with him.

 

Do I hope we end up meeting eventually, off the virtual world? You sure bet I do. We've already had talks over it, that in the future we'd like to work something out, to meet.

Because I don't wake up every day, and think.. "Oh, he's just my Home boyfriend, nothing more." No, he is my boyfriend and he's a lot more to me, than that. If I could have that with him some day, in the real world, I wouldn't turn it down for anything.

 

 


Please be very very careful on this point.....!!!!

 

 


Of course.

It's definitely something him and I, don't want to rush. We want to wait till we're both ready, and comfortable enough to do it.  The whole meeting up, won't be happening any time soon. Though when it does, I'll make sure to becareful.

Thanks for the concern.


I actually really love seeing you two together, Blur. It is so nice to see people happy together and enjoying themselves. Even though some people might not think that Home is an ideal place to find someone to be in a relationship with. I think that this day in age, anything is possible so don't rule it out, stranger things have happened.

 

I also know that I would far rather see 2 people happy and in love, enjoying their time together than see people arguing and fighting with each other which seems to be the norm on Home these days.

 

I guess what I'm saying is let your hair down and relax a bit, you never know what is around the corner and who you might meet!


Awhh, thank you, Vicki. It means a lot, and you know I'm happy you have your man as well. :cathappy: I do think it is nice to see people actually finding someone that makes them happy, even if it's on a virtual network, and through their tvs. We socialize with people daily on Home, they're not robots, they have feelings. 

Nobody should really knock it, until they've at least had their experience with it.

 

Plus, it's a nice feeling to have someone there, knowing they care about you. Even if you haven't met them personally, but that can always come later.


Swag


Yoloswag


S̵̓̆̈ͪ̾̈͊ͦ͊͏̼̺̹W̴̰̰̤͂̒̈́A̵̗͕̫̎̃͋͒̄̃͢G̯̖̞̞̱̜̈́́ͫͩ

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 120 (628 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 02/14/2010
Online
1753 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:
I'd have to agree with the overall disposition here; it works for some people but its definately NOT for everyone. There are a LOT of people out there who seem to think that you cant love someone, just cuz you cant physically interact with that person in the real. True love transcends ALL bounderies. Always remember that.

I do however disagree with a statement that Brises made, earlier: "Home dating only affects the 2 parties involved." At least in MY experience, this is not always true. Couples fight and argue on Home just as they do in real life. And when they do...it always seems to get friends on both sides involved, in some way or another.

It never ceases to amaze me...how some people just cant manage to mind their own business and remain neutral when the preverbial CRAP hits the fan.

This is true, and I have had friends in home relationships that have become epic train wrecks. But also, friends are having drama of one type or another whether they are dating or not. It seems to be more a factor of being human rather than dating in home. Because this stuff happens in real life too. You can be there and experience this with your friends, or you can choose to have nothing to do with it. On Home it's a lot easier to check yourself out of an unplesant situation. PS button and quit. In real life it's not so easy. Bottom line is if you choose to participate in home and have friends, you are gonna get their drama. That's just the way humans are. It can only affect you as long as you allow it to.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 120 (578 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
5353 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 25, 2013

I once dated a guard from Raven Barracks, but I found out he was cheating on me.

He was going to Darlas Den to be with that sleeze Carla in the hot tub.

How did I find out? The fish bites on his legs were a dead give away.





Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 120 (529 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/26/2013
Offline
224 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 25, 2013
Personally, I haven't yet jumped into the PS Home dating boat. Lol I am still relatively new yet though since I joined in Marchish. (I did have about four people ask me out on there within 5 freaking MINUTES of going on Home for the first time LOL -_-;;,)

While I haven't done dating on Home I have done it through other online gaming venues yearrrrrrrrs ago and its... Complicated for just about anyone. Trust is key, but so is commitment. Make sure you know who you're actually dealing with people, cause if a person is lying about important info like you know age or current relationship status among other things they will always slip up eventually.

That being said I know couples on there, some do long distance and some live together in real life. I don't get nosy and ask the details because well it's their business not mine.

The part about when the crap hits the fan... Isn't fun for anyone though. The fighting, the people taking sides, it's all a wreck when someone fights on there cause like others have said it is real people behind the avatars. Some relationships recover and go strong, some go totally by the wayside. Trying to be helpful to both people... Backfires cause one or the other can sometimes go bat crazy on you for chatting with their bf or gf when they've been fighting.

If you have relationships on Home. Great. If you don't. Also great. Just be smart about what you say or do people.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 120 (476 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 10/07/2011
Offline
66 posts
 

Re: ps home relationships?

May 26, 2013

Home is what you make it to be full of creatvity and imagnations i say if people want to date let them. people dating on home is just one of the many choices you have on home and lets face it alot more people do more online dating than you think and people who date on home sometimes meet each other in real life and get married. homes not just a game but an social network and just about in every social network theres some form of dating some where so it really shouldnt seem odd to you considering we see it daily. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 120 (458 Views)