Sep 18 2009
By: ll____BOT____ll Wastelander 841 posts

"User's" perspective's on Home and it's practices.

25 replies 7 views Edited Sep 18, 2009

Home has potential , its been said time and again and I firmly believe this is still true.

Proof of this is found in countless suggestion thread post's and so on and even clubs have been formed to discuss just that , its potential.

It would seem that there is no lack of imagination or desire on the multiple users part to see Home thrive and increase in greatness to a point even that one persons vision of Home could not encompass it all.

But.. are "we" being heard?

Do YOU the Home user feel as though as a community who is the pulse of Home that your voice is really being taken into consideration?

At times I must confess I feel as though the very people  who should be hearing some of this input from me ,you, all of us seem to be dropping the ball or simply trying to passify us into thinking we matter.

Im sure many a Closed Beta Tester can attest to the great and wonderful things we had been told would develop only to sit back and never see it materialize and not just the CBT's but even the general masses.

Now any person who knows a thing or two about product development knows things take time and if your expecting everything you want right away... well you'll probably be in for great disappointment.

However  if the vision is sound and the path to that vision isn't strayed from to much the result is that vision being made a reality and the product will speak for itself.

One Question I have is this , Is the vision we are seeing really our vision at all?

With all the wonderfully imaginative and innovative suggestions to really make Home take life are we seeing anything like that as the months go by?

Are we even being told that any of that will ever have a chance of becoming a Home reality?

I would bet that many of you who have contributed to Home in one way or another don't think what Home really needs is another T Shirt or Biker Costume.

So why aren't we seeing or hearing of some of these great features or spaces that they asked us to contribute?

Well one could say they are just busy making Home great for us all and don't have time to really approach us with any facts or concepts they might be looking into.

................Really?

But then when we do finally hear some tidbit of information it seems to be about something that really seems like it was contributed by some one with very little understanding of what Home is or what "we" who are Home really want.

Some would deny it and even justify it but we have a huge communication gap between the Managers , Devs , Mods and us that seems to serve the purpose of holding us in the dark about Homes future development and even present status simply to try to make us feel so happy when we get these tidbits of anything really.

Please don't misunderstand me , Im not pointing fingers at any one person or persons rather at the actual practices that those in these positions are paid to follow.

Its those practices that have driven  a wedge if you will between us and them to such an extent that many feel as though the Home community is suffering because of them.

Why on earth  with a application such as Home that is an online community a Sony family if you will do we not have a PR person or a representative if you will that their only job is to communicate with us on a very frequent basis?

So Cyd and Locust are to busy doing this and that...thats good you guys get it done. keep up the good work and all but hire a person who's only task is to be a mouth piece between us and some one who can be readily available to field some questions and input.

There is much you could do to hold us together better as a community like how about some consistency with Moderation of the TOS.

Do you really think its wise to allow some people to exploit Home  servers to gain other region goods be they free or not only to create a rift between those that choose to follow the TOS and those that don't?

Be consistent and either ban all the accounts with these ill gotten items and stop it  or open the door so everyone can enjoy them.

What do you gain by picking select  persons  to hand down very different punishments to or even no punishment while your user base is screaming that's not fair?

GlassWalls surely you as our head Moderator don't think its good practice to allow some and not others , why don't you just see who has the items and stop them by either deleting the items  or banning the accounts?

I know your team must be busy but if you can't spread yourselves any more thin  maybe put in to get more personnel to set Home on an even plane or atleast a more level one.

Look I know this must look like a huge complaint thread  and well Ive got my Flame retardant  jacket on believe me but I hope you can see its more than that.

I really  was taken with the entire idea of Home before it ever had life breathed into it ,  hanging on any information  about this application that I felt had such Potential "Its JiggyTeddys fault I keep using that word" and I really want to see it become great.

That means we , Us and You must fight to be great together to create the gamers oasis that I know Home can be.

I know there's more to it than what I said here and well Im not very good at expressing myself in text but maybe others here can say more of what I can't.

To anyone who feels I was stepping on your toes .. I really am not trying to Im just one part of your Sony Home Family expressing some concerns and opinions and I sure hope that you can see where Im coming from.

Thank you for reading my post sorry it got so long.    

ll____B0T____ll

Message Edited by ll____BOT____ll on 09-18-2009 11:36 AM
Message 26 of 26 (7 Views)
Fender Bender
3089 posts

Re: "User's" perspective's on Home and it's practices.

Sep 17, 2009

ll____BOT____ll wrote:

Home has potential , its been said time and again and I firmly believe this is still true.

Proof of this is found in countless suggestion thread post's and so on and even clubs have been formed to discuss just that , its potential.

It would seem that there is no lack of imagination or desire on the multiple users part to see Home thrive and increase in greatness to a point even that one persons vision of Home could not encompass it all.

Do YOU the Home user feel as though as a community who is the pulse of Home that your voice is really being taken into consideration?

Yes they are listening and reading every single suggestion in the suggestion thread but the only problem is that they don't reply to good ideas.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 26 (7 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 17, 2009

areskins wrote:

ll____BOT____ll wrote:

Yes they are listening and reading every single suggestion in the suggestion thread but the only problem is that they don't reply to good ideas.

Surely there's more to it than that...........I hope!

Message 2 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
733 posts

Sep 17, 2009
Great post, there are many things I question about NA Home, like why is the team so small? (about 6-8 people). Its as if Home was put to the side without us even realising it, think about it. If Home was really a huge project, there would of had way more personell in the team, for a number I would say 50 - 60.
Message 3 of 26 (7 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6163 posts

Sep 17, 2009

I look at it this way...

Japan Home cares about the Product,,, Clothing,,, Items and Spaces...

European Home cares about the People,,, Free Clothing,,, Costumes and Events..

USA Home cares about the Money... No explanation needed...

BannerFans.com
Message 4 of 26 (7 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Sep 17, 2009

It seemed like to me for a long time they are running this project on a shoestring budget and a handful of staff.

If Sony was serious they would have more staff/funding to finish this half baked project.

Message 5 of 26 (7 Views)
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 17, 2009

CommanderWiiii wrote:
Great post, there are many things I question about NA Home, like why is the team so small? (about 6-8 people). Its as if Home was put to the side without us even realising it, think about it. If Home was really a huge project, there would of had way more personell in the team, for a number I would say 50 - 60.

Thank you, I feel sure there is more people behind Home than what we will ever maybe hear about , but what I dont understand is the basic  direction of Home who is making these calls  and are they pooling those team members .

Why not actually tap into "Us" their largest pool and produce products for Home that will never be in short supply just look at the past suggestion threads .

We as a user base have very good imaginative ideas that even though im not on the Sony payroll can see how many are more than possible they are down right requirements to stay on deck in the digital age.

I mean not having the "OPTION" to use Mics is like taking your new laptop to a hot spot only to find out they only have dial up.

Message 6 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 17, 2009

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I look at it this way...

Where as I see your point I feel that in reality each and every region cares about the Money.

And rightly so get our greenbacks but make some of it work for our benafit in the form of larger or better Development based on our desires  of Home.

Message 7 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Sep 17, 2009

rgoff31 wrote:

It seemed like to me for a long time they are running this project on a shoestring budget and a handful of staff.

If Sony was serious they would have more staff/funding to finish this half baked project.

Maybe so at first or even still if the people in charge aren't looking hard at the number$.

If just each of us spent $1.00 in the mall Im sure they have cleared a couple million off us already.

Now granted not all of us have spent anything in the mall but than again there are "many" who have spent a lot more than $1.00 , I for one have spent way to much on virtual gear lol.

Now are the people in charge just laughing collecting that money or can they not see that HMMMH if these  people will spend so much when Home is yet in Beta and with such slim offerings imagine a year from now if we really turn up this Home Community Machine.

Or 5 years from now.

It seems if they cease the opportunity to use us as the imagination feedback machine they can just sit back and watch them and "Us" make Home  the largest Online gaming community with something for everyone.

Win Win right?

Message 8 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6163 posts

Sep 17, 2009

ll____BOT____ll wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I look at it this way...

Where as I see your point I feel that in reality each and every region cares about the Money.

And rightly so get our greenbacks but make some of it work for our benafit in the form of larger or better Development based on our desires  of Home.

In my ideal Home,,, the region that spends the most,,, should get the most,,, That being the USA,,, We should have had a beach and swimwear long before Japan,,, More movie tie in costumes for free,,, Free basic clothing for the masses,,, and way better clothing and item design for those willing to spend...

BannerFans.com
Message 9 of 26 (7 Views)
0 Likes