Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
71 posts

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

lol

Message 51 of 83 (615 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
379 posts

Aug 26, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:

haley_stars wrote:
Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

I actually agree with most of this. Sure.. They are not obligated to due to digital paperwork, but morally they should feel as if they are obligated to provide some sort of reimbursement to people who supported their idea. Unfortunately, i wouldnt hold your breath because i have a sneeky suspicion that that is the only reason they added trophies to home.

How about all the free stuff people have received over the years from the developers. Free personal spaces, free clothes and items for your avatars..should then the community be expected to reimburse the developers for the usage of those items?? People should be using thier expendable income when using the entertaining platform called PlayStation Home..expendable in laymans terms means that you are not worried over it and once you spend that money..who cares...that is just my opinion and observations..~*Sue

Susan- :womanhappy:

Message 52 of 83 (614 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6449 posts

Aug 26, 2014
No, they gave those items away for free to advertise.
Message 53 of 83 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:

I  understand that we cannnot get our money back.

I wonder if  there is a way to keep using our virtual items if the service stops?

Maybe an offline version of the program thats lets us continue to play in

private spaces.

No network or server issues because the PS3 will hold the virtual itens that we purchased(licensed).

I will miss all of my Loot Gear and Lockwood spaces.

We are not  the only ones with something to lose here. What about all of the really cool developers

that will lose revenue when and if the service leaves NA and EU?

I do not know how the technology works but would'nt it be cool if the developers got together and

created their own virtual world that uses the existing technology, (licensed from Sony of course).

We could continue to use our virtual items. I would be happy to keep my personal spaces

and virtual items offline. I have not seen any other virtual worlds that can compete with the quality

and detail of PS Home.

I do not consider GTA5  to be in the same category as PS home.  I would love to see a virtual world

with the technology of PS Home and the quality and scale of GTA5. Think of the possibilities.

Wishful Thinking!

Message 54 of 83 (608 Views)
Uncharted Territory
949 posts

Aug 26, 2014

its-my-money-and-i-need-it-now-spiderman.jpg

photo UTF-8BaW1hZ2UuanBn.jpg
Message 55 of 83 (602 Views)
PlayStation MVP
379 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Camera_Op wrote:

haley_stars wrote:

I  understand that we cannnot get our money back.

I wonder if  there is a way to keep using our virtual items if the service stops?

Maybe an offline version of the program thats lets us continue to play in

private spaces.

No network or server issues because the PS3 will hold the virtual itens that we purchased(licensed).

I will miss all of my Loot Gear and Lockwood spaces.

We are not  the only ones with something to lose here. What about all of the really cool developers

that will lose revenue when and if the service leaves NA and EU?

I do not know how the technology works but would'nt it be cool if the developers got together and

created their own virtual world that uses the existing technology, (licensed from Sony of course).

We could continue to use our virtual items. I would be happy to keep my personal spaces

and virtual items offline. I have not seen iany other virtual worlds that can compete with the quality

and detail of PS Home.

I do not consider GTA5  to be in the same category as PS home.  I would love to see a virtual world

with the technology of PS Home and the quality and scale of GTA5. Think of the possibilities.

Wishful Thinking!

Lockwood has Avakin  

http://www.avakin.com/

a lot of the Home developers have outside projects already going on.. Lockwood, Ndreams, LOOT etc all have plenty of revenue producing projects..~*Sue

Susan- :womanhappy:

Message 56 of 83 (599 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5172 posts

Aug 27, 2014

2 things

1 i feel sony should work out a deal with developers and offer some goodbye home deals like maybe a frre month sub on FFXIV or a thankyou game or just a 10 to 20 dollar thankyou voucher. nothing major just a small  thanyou gift thats cheap

2 Can't go into details but those who know me, know what betas are running right now should know i have successfully done something Come November rest assure a backup plan for both ps3 and ps4 will be up and running i bet my sackboy on it. So even if HOME for NA was shut down tomorrow  im okay with ready to welcome the HOMEless to the imagisphere :smileyhappy: 

images.jpg

Message 57 of 83 (517 Views)
I Only Post Everything
439 posts

Aug 27, 2014

I've never thought i was entitled to compensation from Sony.

As has been repeatedly stated holds true in my case, the money I spent on virtual items was with the cognitative thinking that I was essentially "pissing away" good hard earrned money toward instant gradification in the form of virtual wears/LMO's/ spaces ect. 

Do I regret spending the money?  No more than I regret eating at that restaurant the other day as opposed to making a much more healthy and less calorie laden meal at home.  It was a superfluous expenditure that I took joy in partaking of. As such I have enjoyed my time on Pshome, primarily with the people around me, but the virtual items in some way added to the experience ( eg: beautiful wings/ extravagant spaces/ dances I'd break every bone in my body attempting ) 

Now all this being said, would I LIKE for Sony to part ways with us by providing some sort of "gift" that made it a lasting reminder in some form .. YES. Do they OWE me? Hellz naw. I appreciate Sony providing an quasi enjoyable virtual world for me to visit, and as such have tried to show my appreciate through purchasing items. However as they owe ME nothing I owe SONY nothing. I am neither a Fanboy or loyal to them. So our relationship is purely whorish..I use them..they use me. And that is how our "relationship" will continue to exist. 

bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 58 of 83 (468 Views)
Survivor
1721 posts

Aug 27, 2014

I dont want anything back.  But want the future of Home to continue indefinitely so I can use the stuff I bought.  I really dont think that is too much to ask.article-2156818-1386C4A7000005DC-753_468x345.jpg

Message 59 of 83 (416 Views)
Caption Creator
671 posts

Aug 27, 2014
I'm not going to lie. I was hoping PlayStation home would serve as Sony's home world where people would gather and interact. I would have loved having full console control from inside of home and being able to access the psn store through home and etc. Being able to use the console as a virtual world. A true aspect if the live in your world play in ours slogan.

I was expecting home to serve as the alternative to things and services like Xbox's avatar system, which supposedly carried over to Xbox one.

Unfortunate...
Message 60 of 83 (408 Views)