Jan 21 2011
By: MarcJGoGGleS Fender Bender 3856 posts

Cheating! Why is it being ignored?!

10 replies 15 views Edited Jan 21, 2011

I am very dissapointed in Sony and those who are ignoring the fact that online games are now infested with cheaters.

Now, I understand what lag is as well as a glitch, however, a cheat is something beyond that.  Breaking all the laws of the game

the physics of it and dominating everyone in the game without the tools intended to be in the game for competition.  I for one, play Socom: Confrontation.

I know this game was a flop. The senior developer, Seth Luisi, admitted to it being a flop and even the company Slant Six has implied

that it was a flop, but the game still holds decent numbers for its' poor level of success.  Ranging from 3000 to 7000 on weekends. 

The cheating in this game is horrible. It's not just a person standing still and killing a couple people before lagging out with a switch.  It's more like a person

using a gun in the game, giving it infinite ammo, jumping into the sky, out of the map and killing everyone in the room, friend or foe, within seconds of a round

starting.  The cheating is unreal, as if we were back in the early PS2 days where DNAS was not yet developed.  Us "Socomers" refer to the cheating as Socom 2 days. 

There is a conspiracy that the cheating is being allowed to the upcoming release of the new SOCOM game which therefor forces everyone playing the current installment to

go out and purchase the new one.  Hey, I don't blame Sony for making money, but do it in a way as to were the customer is still pleased with the product. 

I am posting here on the Playstation Network forums because the specific SOCOM forum completely ignores this fact.  We have no idea what to, we just hope that a firmware update will fix the cheating, or if a patch can somehow be given to the game to stop the online cheating.  But the truth is, whether they fix the cheating or not, this is only the beginning of the online gaming community's end.

Message 1 of 11 (15 Views)
Sackboy
548 posts

Re: Cheating! Why is it being ignored?!

Jan 21, 2011

ive seen many ppl complaining about cheaters in fps games for ps3. ive seen some cheating in gt4 either but nobody seems to care

Message 2 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 1, 2011

The same is true for modern warfare 2 there is a glitch/cheat that in the begininng of the game a user opens options the entire enemy team dies and he gets an emergency air drop and there hasent been a patch to fix it it ruins the game online on 360 the people would be reported and kick off the server this is bull i didnt pay 400 bucks for a console to get in games that can be hacked and all the fun is sucked out of the online play.

Message 3 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Dirtymcnasty24 wrote:

The same is true for modern warfare 2 there is a glitch/cheat that in the begininng of the game a user opens options the entire enemy team dies and he gets an emergency air drop and there hasent been a patch to fix it it ruins the game online on 360 the people would be reported and kick off the server this is bull i didnt pay 400 bucks for a console to get in games that can be hacked and all the fun is sucked out of the online play.

Sony doesn't patch individual games.  That is not their job.  Any patch they would release for the PS3 itself would have short lived effects because the systems root key was released to the world.  If you really want someone to blame, blame that jerkweed Geohotz.

Message 4 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
548 posts

Feb 5, 2011

VectorSpace wrote:

Dirtymcnasty24 wrote:

Sony doesn't patch individual games.  That is not their job.  Any patch they would release for the PS3 itself would have short lived effects because the systems root key was released to the world.  If you really want someone to blame, blame that jerkweed Geohotz.

not exactly. off course the main culprit is hotz but both sony and the individual game producers take their part of guilt for failing in providing software and systems that are hackeable by a single individual in collaboration with some others.

surely any software is bound to be hacked but this only enforces the providers' duty of constantly updating of their products so the consumer wont be injured.

sony and the game providers have the duty---not the option---to fix this flaw as fast as possible

btw it doesnt matter whether ps3 is more or less secure than other consoles because it is not a matter of comparison

Message 5 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22140 posts

Feb 5, 2011

playing Killzone 2 for the past month or so.. didn't noticed any "garbage" yet..

from what i know.. Naughty Dog update their server REALLY FREQUENT!!!   live update as well

so if you hate the "garbage" that lurking around the online gaming community.... Uncharted 2 is an ideal game.. most errors/glitches with the online game often fix with support provided.. unlike some other developers..

either that.. or gather a few friends and start a locked game room..

and if you are one of those that only have 1-2 games.. and they are filled with "garbage"..  with developer providing no support??..  maybe it's time to move on.. it's sad.. but it's the only solution..

from what i noticed.. even when there are only 30-40 players playing the games online.. the "garbage" is still there.. so .. do yourself a favor and don't be the one that still playing from start to finish and wishing they would leave.. .. 

. most people would not sit next to a "garbage" dump .. usually they use get out of there.. and so should you.... don't torture yourself by sitting there and hope "the stench of all those garbage" will go away... :/

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1257 posts

Feb 6, 2011

deBALZAC wrote:

VectorSpace wrote:

Dirtymcnasty24 wrote:

not exactly. off course the main culprit is hotz but both sony and the individual game producers take their part of guilt for failing in providing software and systems that are hackeable by a single individual in collaboration with some others.

surely any software is bound to be hacked but this only enforces the providers' duty of constantly updating of their products so the consumer wont be injured.

sony and the game providers have the duty---not the option---to fix this flaw as fast as possible

btw it doesnt matter whether ps3 is more or less secure than other consoles because it is not a matter of comparison

Given the time and access, the hacker community will hack ANY system. I don't just mean game consoles, I mean ANY computerized system.  Blaming Sony for not providing an unhackable system is just an unrealistic expectation.

Message 7 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 6, 2011

people were hacking ps3 games way before  the geohot exploit   so don't put the blame just all on him

Message 8 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

May 16, 2011

Sony can patch individual games.

But most likely it is the Socom developers that are to patch this kind of stuff, not SONY.

Just Achieve It! XBOX 260 Achievement Generator
Message 9 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

May 16, 2011

thats why i dont play cod at all.worst game in my opinion for cheating.got news for you it happens on xbox live and some users may be reported but theres plenty that still get away with it.

Message 10 of 11 (15 Views)
0 Likes