Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

Dec 8, 2011

This is pretty ridiculous; I've never had a problem updating my credit card information until now. I updated my card information when I received my updated card, and now its suddenly not working at all. I tried both the PSN on my console, and qriocity.com and NEITHER of them worked.

So PSN, do you want our freakin' money or not!?!? (p.s. lying customer service agents don't count as help)

"Just like science fiction, I'm the truth you can't explain." - from 'Tempted' by Collide
Message 11 of 14 (3,295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

Dec 10, 2011

I actually managed to fix this problem today, I can't say specifically which action it was that solved it, but I can tell you everything I did before it resolved. I contacted support through email and received the response detailed below; the first thing I did was log on to qriocity and delete my billing information. I re-input my billing information exactly as it appears on my statements (caps and all), then went to my 'Location' info. and edited it to match the billing information exactly. I tried to fund my wallet through qriocity, but alas it fed me the same error message I've been getting a thousand times. Then I logged in on my PS3 and went to account management, transaction management, and then to add funds (I figured if it didn't work on qriocity, then MAYBE it would work on my PS3); Miraculously, it worked!

I reallly hope that this helps you guys out too, although i'm located in the US (apparently most of the users this happened to were in Canada).

"

Thank you for contacting us in regards to the issues you are having adding your billing information to your PSN account. I do understand the frustration that you feel. I recommend that you follow the steps below.

1. Sign into your PlayStation Network account.

2. Go to the PSN Icon.

3. Scroll down to Account Management.

4. Select Account Information.

5. Choose Billing Information.

6. Enter the password.

7. Delete Billing Information.

8. Re-enter information.

9. Remove the "po box" but leave the actual number.

Additionally I would suggest the following options when re-inputting the information:

- If your address contains an apartment number ,try removing it

- If your zip code has an extension try adding or removing it

- Check capitalization and punctuation on your billing statement (they have to be identical)

- Remove any JR, SR,3rd monikers or add them if they are on your statement

If the steps above do not resolve the issue, I recommend that you purchase and use a PSN Card for all future purchases.These cards can be purchased in 10$-50$ increments, and can be found at most retailers that also carry PS3 hardware and software."

"Just like science fiction, I'm the truth you can't explain." - from 'Tempted' by Collide
Message 12 of 14 (3,295 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit

Jan 13, 2013

Go to your online banking provider and copy paste your billing address 

mine had to be all cap locks

Message 13 of 14 (2,149 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: 3 separate credit cards all failing to purchase PlayStation Store content with error "The credit

Apr 26, 2013

This is why when Xbox 720 comes out I will dump Sony.  PS and it's online functionality/convenience are SH*T.  So sick of Sony and now one understands why they are in the financial sh*thole they are in.  Complete lack of end to end/QA'd/convenient GUI and consideration towards it's customers.  F-sony.  Z

Message 14 of 14 (1,523 Views)
0 Likes