Highlighted
May 11 2013
By: pbretz510 First Son 1 posts

50$ Wasted

[ Edited ]
2 replies 170 views Edited May 11, 2013

I just went out and bought a 50$ PSN card from the closest place I could which is an hour away and by the time i got home and redeemed the card someone else had already redeemed it. This isnt the first time this has happened but I am tired of having hundreds of dollars stolen from me because of your terrible protection. 

Message 1 of 3 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Re: 50$ Wasted

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

pbretz510 wrote:

I just went out and bought a 50$ PSN card from the closest place I could which is an hour away and by the time i got home and redeemed the card someone else had already redeemed it. This isnt the first time this has happened but I am tired of having hundreds of dollars stolen from me because of your terrible protection. 

The only way someone could redeem it, is if the card had been activated at the store you purchased it and the silver strip had been scratched off (code is exposed.) When buying a PSN card, always make sure the back has not been scratched off. If it has, grab a different one.

Make sure you are entering the code correctly. (sometimes an i may look like a 1, etc.)

If you are 100% positive you are entering it correctly, contact sony support here

They can tell you if your PSN card has in-fact been activated/used, or not.

If it has not been activated, I would take it back to where you bought it and ask to speak to a manager. (and ask for them to correctly activate it.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Re: 50$ Wasted

May 11, 2013

I am in agreement with HorrorGod on this.  For the main reason; I have has this same experience.  

I will help you further, by adding Sony Customer Support will ONLY be able to tell you whether or not the Card has been activated, and or redeemed.

It is unfortunate, but it is written in the PSN Terms of Service (ToS), Sony gives no guarantee to the value and validity of PSN Cards and funds associated.  I have a link foe them, if you care to peruse.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=psn%20user%20agreement&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&...

It is the responsibility of the Vendor to replace and reimburse Customers for any erroneous Cards or missing funds.  Most Stores are well aware of the commonality of the issue, and are willing to help out.  Just make sure you have your receipt and the card.  As well, going to the live chat, linked in my signature, may help your case at the store.

If you have a written communication between you and Sony, it may help you further.  It might not even be necessary, but it couldn't hurt.  Again, I know what I am talking about, I came here originally for the same issue.

I wish you luck.  Let us know if we can help anymore.

Oh, and Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

Moble

Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)