Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: T1tooo First Son 1 posts

Accidental Purchase

3 replies 227 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

I know it sounds dumb, but this is how it happened. I saw a game said that I needed to renew my license, and it said I had to go to the PSN store, I went to the game and saw it cost me money, I thought I had to download it like how I download items for season pass for free. I clicked on the purchase with no money in my wallet to make sure, and next thing you know it without any confirmation of any kind, it extracts funds from my card and purchases the game. There was a reason why I had no funds to be safe, then this happens, would there be any way to get a refund?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28726 posts

Re: Accidental Purchase

Apr 14, 2013

T1tooo wrote:

I know it sounds dumb, but this is how it happened. I saw a game said that I needed to renew my license, and it said I had to go to the PSN store, I went to the game and saw it cost me money, I thought I had to download it like how I download items for season pass for free. I clicked on the purchase with no money in my wallet to make sure, and next thing you know it without any confirmation of any kind, it extracts funds from my card and purchases the game. There was a reason why I had no funds to be safe, then this happens, would there be any way to get a refund?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You're going to have to contact Sony customer support regarding this, just so you know all sales from the PS Store are generally classed as final & no refunds are given, but it's worth asking.

Here's the contact number, good luck.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 15, 2013

BRIT is correct. Contact customer support.  It is really your only option. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (205 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5734 posts

Apr 16, 2013

You selected the option to draw funds from your credit card if your wallet balance is not sufficient.

Best way to avoid this - remove your credit card info from your account.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (186 Views)
0 Likes