Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 30 2011
By: mr_snickerz Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Account Management brings me to "Site under maintenance"

4 replies 510 views Edited Jul 30, 2011

Whenever I go to account management (when it says it will take me to another site) the new site says the old "Playstation network under maintenance" with the Japanese text. Only thing is its been like this for months (maybe since the the whole hacking ordeal, i dunno), just didn't really care til now. Any input?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Account Management brings me to "Site under maintenance"

Jul 30, 2011

Yea, I noticed this as well. Why is it on this main site. Account management still under repairs.

Don't make sense. Unless you are only gonna allow users to change there info on there PS3 to protect them. Which I could see. Still not understanding that concept.

-

NOTICE: Friend(s) Request: NOT Accepting (DENIED).

-

Message(s) Request: NOT Accepting (DENIED).

-
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I had the same problem right after PSN came back online.

Took me awhile to figure this out and after this amount of time I don't think the old website will ever work again.

Here's the cure that Sony forgot to tell us about or if they did it wasn't advertised well.

http://www.qriocity.com/

Works exactly like the old site you are trying to get into, just is remodled and has new features, I promise.

Get your Portable ID!

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 20, 2011

Thank you LucifersRising... Qriocity is the new playstation network. 

I had issues inputting my mastercard details into the playstation network to download purchased games.  After numerous attempts, my account details page was locked and I wasn't able to access it via Playstation.  I tried logging in using my PC and the "site maintenance" came up.  It is ridiculously frustrating wasting time trying to figure out how to go about completing a process when the flaws are due to Sony's incompetence and they're not alerting the public to said incompetence.  Why isn't there a notice on the "site maintenance" page directing visitors to the Qriocity website?   Also, I ended up calling my bank because Qriocity wasn't accepting my two different mastercards I tried entering.  My bank informed me that they had approved my cards and the issue was on playstation's side.  I had even called playstation's 877-number to ask about it and the man informed me that I had probably entered my address incorrectly, but after talking with my bank, it turns out there's been quite a few cases of the playstation network declining valid mastercards.  I just called back the 877 network number and informed them of this and they said they're not yet aware of an issue. 

This kind of crap really annoys me.  It's simple courtesy to have a notice on the playstation network site about Qriocity and its unbelievable that the helpline for the network has no clue about issues accepting mastercard.  Unacceptable.

But thank you again, LucifersRising. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 1, 2013

I know this is a year & a half later but I was just thumbing through some old posts...

You probably will never see this but in any event, Carnivalist, you're welcome. Always nice to see that a post was useful to someone.

PS: They've changed the site again (however Qriocity re-directs properly).

It's now:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

PPS: In the event you do see this; did you ever get that MasterCard to work?

I had the same problem with my Visa.

The cure was to look at my actual physical bank bill and input it in the *EXACT* format/order as my bank shows it.

Get your Portable ID!

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (467 Views)
0 Likes