Nov 12 2013
By: BannedByPS First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Account was banned or suspended because of charge back.

12 replies 18128 views Edited Nov 12, 2013

My account was banned 2 weeks ago when my credit card was stolen. I told my bank to cancel all most recent payments but forgot to tell them the 17.99 charge for PS Plus was an approved charge. I called Sony at 1-800-345-SONY and told them my situation and they told me I owe 17.99 and once it is payed I will have my account back. Well right after my account had been banned I told my bank to reverse the cancelation of the payment and send it back to Sony and they did. 2 weeks ago. Sony is still claiming to have not recieved my payment so I called my bank and asked what was up. They told me that the money transaction has been waiting for approval by Sony for a week and a half now and until they confirm it then they won't get the money. I called Sony back and told them exactly that and they said this " Yeah well no because our systems are automatic so we don't have to approve anything. It's automatic. Once we get the 17.99 you should have your account back in less than 24 hours." I have waited over 2 weeks and have been very patient. I have called a lot spending a total of over 6 hours on the phone with them and I am getting nowhere. I called my bank again and they said to try and get ahold of their back offices because those are the guys that have control over the approval and denial of these transactions, not the guys picking up phones for 8 hours. I called again. "Yeah well you see no because our systems are automatic... Yeah. Automatic so yeah we don't have to approve anything."

I'm getting very impatient Sony.

Message 1 of 13 (18,128 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2297 posts

Re: Account was banned or suspended because of charge back.

Nov 12, 2013
Message 2 of 13 (18,091 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 12, 2013
U can cancel your transaction with bank and sony.. Cashier's check(aka certified check) not personal check or money order with that u can mail it to sony.. Call Sony back and mention this again.. and ask for the info to send the check to and service request number.. They don't accept that type of transaction... Only something that can't be reversed again.. Only 2 methods they accept..
its sticky and ickey
Message 3 of 13 (18,087 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27468 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Sony does not accept payments by check, so that won't work.  The bank is the problem.  Mastercard and Visa do not require the approval of the merchant to restore a credit that the bank reversed.  That is nonsense.  The merchant (Sony) never approved the reversal of the charge in the first place, so why would it need to approve the restoration of that charge? The merchant is the requester of the charge.  Not the approver. The Sony billing staff probably does not have any direct access to the payment transactions for security reasons.  You have decided to blame Sony, but you need to escalate to higher level managers at your bank. 

The bottom line is that this was your mistake, and therefore it is on you to get it solved.  It isn't Sony's fault.  The PSN terms of service specifies that this will happen if you reverse a wallet funding charge.  It doesn't matter whether it was by mistake, or deliberately.  Your bank was just following your instructions, so this isn't the bank's fault either.  Sony has already told you that the process that the bank wants to use isn't compatible with Sony's systems.  That isn't going to change, so you need to convince your bank to solve your problem for you.  

GKP
Message 4 of 13 (18,066 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 12, 2013
No I have same issue... So y doesn't want money any other way.. Certified check aka cashiers check or money order.. Need to be mailed... I have another account going threw same BS. Trust Me is annoying.. Have to mail em a check u "buy" not personal check but one can't be disputed..
Here is the address and info:
And how should be formatted:

Sony computer entertainment America
ATTN: consumer services
Po box 5888
San mateo, CA
94402-0888

[your name]
[your PSN ID]
Service request number:[___]
its sticky and ickey
Message 5 of 13 (18,045 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 12, 2013
Will there be a place on the money order that I can put my name, ID, and service number? Or do I just write it on a piece of paper and mail it to them? I've never sent one so I have no idea what to do or what to write.
Message 6 of 13 (18,035 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Same thing happened to me. It's been over 3 months now and it seems the only way to solve the problem is to send a check to Sony Entertainment because even if your bank fixes the problem the people at Sony have no idea how to fix it on their side. It's sad that you can get your credit card info stolen and not lose money on the same network that won't let you get your account back after getting robbed.

Message 7 of 13 (17,430 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 13, 2014
Hey guys I bought my plus with a psn card.not a credit card and only had less then 4 pound in my wallet. What can I do its so annoying. I spend heaps on this acc .
Message 8 of 13 (16,819 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

May 16, 2015

Yeah, the issue is with the bank, not Sony. 

Your last sentence should be one of the following:

"I don't know much about bank transactions"

or

"I am getting impatient, bank"

Message 9 of 13 (10,181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 13, 2015

Hi, simple solution, create a new psn account, reinstall the firmware, the one with around 800meg throught a USB, then it will start and ask for your id, go with the new account you created. Then it will ask if you'd like to set this console as primary, accept it, thats it, unfortunately you will lose all purchases with the previous account.

Message 10 of 13 (8,149 Views)
0 Likes