Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2013
By: neuwerldorder First Son 14 posts

After replacing PS3, can't download videos on PSN.

2 replies 110 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

I had to bring back my new slim PS3 to the store after the hard drive became corrupted after only having it for 2 days.  Got a new system, and now I have another little "problem" with PSN not letting me download videos. It allows me to download games, but not videos because it says that video downloading priviledges are assigned to the other system that I returned.

I logged onto the sonyentertainmentnetwork site in order to deactivate the other system, but it's only showing that 1 console is activated on my account. How is that theoretically possible, if it won't let me download videos from PSN because it says that I have another PS3 activated? Nice work there Sony.

So why does the Sony manual tell me to log onto that site to deactivate my previous PS3, if it doesn't work? What a convoluted mess.

How am I supposed to fix this and get video downloading access again? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3 (110 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
26120 posts

Re: After replacing PS3, can't download videos on PSN.

Mar 11, 2013

If you are able, you'll have to deactivate the video playback of you old PS3. If you cannot do that, call SCEA at 1-800-345-7669 for assistance. The call is free. Have the serial number of your old PS3 (and you new) handy as this information may be required.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 3 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
815 posts

Re: After replacing PS3, can't download videos on PSN.

Mar 11, 2013

Make sure you're only signed-up with only one download movie service at a time....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 3 (101 Views)
0 Likes