Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: islankleinknecht Splicer 53 posts

Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition Missing American McGee's Alice?

[ Edited ]
45 replies 2502 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

The Playstation Blog says here that the Ultimate Edition is suppose to include "all DLC", but from the product's description it does not list the original American McGee's Alice, which is listed as an Add On for the game at $9.99.  Is that not included in the Ultimate Edition?

Also, the Ultimate Edition is 4.5 GB, whereas the regular game is 5.4 GB.  Is there any reason for that disparity?

<EDIT BY CM Morgan Haro> 

Hi all, this is Morgan from the PSN CM team. I'm floating this topic to the top, and will update this space once we have news to share. 

For now, new purchases of this game will have American McGee entitled to the download. If you already downloaded the Ultimate Editiion of Alice: Madness Returns before the update occured, you still may not have access to American McGee's Alice. We are reviewing options on this now and will share an update when we have news. Thanks for your pateince. 

UPDATE #2 - 12/12: The vouchers for American McGee's Alice should have gone out to all those who purchased it before the product was adjusted in the PS Store. Thanks for your patience on this! 

- morgan

Message 1 of 46 (2,502 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Re: Alice: Madness Returns Ultimate Edition Missing DLC?

Nov 22, 2012
Update:

In the comments of the above PS Blog, Kristine Steimer says:

"Yes, you’re correct that American McGee’s Alice comes with your purchase of Alice Madness Returns on PSN. I’m not entirely sure of how the value was calculated, but I believe they still count the original Alice toward “total value” since technically it’s worth $9.99."

But then later on that same blog post, ViralDoll says:

"Okay, this just ticked me off. I purchased Alice: Madness Returns assuming the original American McGee’s Alice would be included yet what do I find out when I start to play it? It’s NOT included. PSN called it the “Ultimate Edition” and stated with all DLC the Total Value of the Game would be “Paid & Free): $31.97″ and since you need Alice: Madness Returns to play the original American McGee’s Alice it is DLC. Alice Madness is 17$ at most retail places. Buying the Alice Madness from the PSN makes it a brand new copy and every brand new copy comes with a free voucher to receive the original American McGee’s Alice why is it not included!?"

So what's the deal?
Message 2 of 46 (2,427 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 22, 2012

I emailed support about that.  I meanif that's the case then so be it.  But it's a lie as all DLC should be included.  I haven't bought it yet but I really want to.  But I feel jipped if theoriginal ins't included as it is technically DLC

http://www.brianmichaelwaymire.com
Message 3 of 46 (2,418 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I emailed yesterday (Wednesday) morning about it, so I'm hoping to hear back very soon. There's no way it shouldn't be included. For some reason it got missed. Hopefully they send us codes to make up for it.

Message 4 of 46 (2,372 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Well now the Ultimate Edition is listed as 5.4 GB, but the description hasn't been updated, and the PS Plus discount is no longer there!

And the advertisements say "Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $31.97", and I looked and the full game is $19.99, the Weapon and Costume Pack is $1.99, and the original Alice game is $9.99.  Add them all up, and you get $31.97.  If this game is not included, then it's false advertising.

Message 5 of 46 (2,338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Well I heard back from customer service. Unfortunately, they didn't understand the problem.

They just said to delete it and re-download from my download list, which doesn't solve anything, because the DLC wasn't added to the download list to start with.

Ugh, frustrating.

Message 6 of 46 (2,309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Forgot to mention, they confirmed it does indeed come with American McGee's Alice.

The problem is that, for at least some of us, it doesn't.
Message 7 of 46 (2,294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 24, 2012
dammit I REALLY wish this would be clarified. I haven't got a response back but I asked of the plus discount going away and the now answered original Alice game.

And to be honest I'm sure it's worth 20 bucks. But since they said 16 originally (well 15.99) I refuse to buy it until that discount returns. But things mess up I get it. But was expecting it to be fixed today.

sorry for my rambling but there's my 2 cents.
http://www.brianmichaelwaymire.com
Message 8 of 46 (2,285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Well in my experience this seems to be par for the course with Sony and their deals.  Still, at least Sony seems to get these things sorted out eventually, but the limited time on this deal makes this a lot more annoying.  I wanted to pick this up for my wife as an early Christmas present.

Message 9 of 46 (2,251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I was waiting for a decent reply,  and now even the discount is gone, although it shouldn't.
What is wrong with the store? They've had 5 days already to fix this.

Message 10 of 46 (2,244 Views)
0 Likes