Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: BF4 Premium (China Rising DLC) not Working

Apr 24, 2014
Not to sound like a wise arse or to imply anything bad, I just need you to clarify. You said you downloaded premium, but you didn't say if you downloaded the dlc packs.

If you didn't download the China Rising, Second Assault, or Naval Strike, then you need to do so. premium doesn't download them for you. It just gives you access to the dlc packs two weeks early.

Now, if you did do so, unfortunately, it comes to one of two things. 1) redownload your dlc content from you download list, or 2) you will have to remove all bf4 content from your PlayStation and redownload all content. Make sure you copy your game save for campaign onto Plus if you haven't done so.

Hopefully this help.
Message 21 of 31 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 26, 2014

4/27/2014

Before saying anything... I've been a lone gamer for yrs. This is the first time to go online and use anything related to PNS network. Sadly, I live in Japan, my PS system is switched to English, my games are imported "English games" for Japan, but the PSN store is only in Japanese.

Ok... After 2 weeks on the phone with PSN and and EA there was only one person I was able to talk to that knew how to get the paid for premium downloads and he patiently walked me through a 2 1/2 hour phone call. (only one person huh?)

1st- Premium (100kb) is only a licence that enables you to get all the goodies, which was the only thing showing in my PSN download list from the very begining.

2nd- He had to walk me through finding all the games and their downloads.

They are NOT automatically sent to your download list as I feel they should be as a premium package.

You have to go to the PSN store, do a search with the icon at the top left hand corner of the screen.

3rd- You will find BF4 and all it's available downloads in it's own screen (and there are many!!!)

Find the downloads that aren't priced (it means you have purchased them with the premium) and download them.

I know I downloaded the correct ones as each download was around 1.3GB, it installed and said activating.

Each download/installation took around 10~15 minutes.

Although I did this it still doesn't work. UGH!!!!

However, the download list at the PSN store FINALLY shows China Rising, Naval Strike etc...

I'm going to take the advice of downloading again OR removing all BF4 content from my PS3 and start from the begining and see if it works.

Message 22 of 31 (274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 26, 2014

Ok.. I took shinigamigrlkj13's  advice and down loaded again....Still nothing.

In fact, if I go into the game menu, select "store" it says "Error" and " There is no available content to download at this time".

If I select PREMIUM and hit the "buy premium" it has the same error message.

It doesn't even say I'm a premium member like others have posted.

My last resort is wipe my drive and start from the begining.

Are there any EA people that monitor this forum?

If so, HELP!!!!

Message 23 of 31 (271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 27, 2014
Hmmm, this is problematic. I will ask a couple of people I know who had similar problems and see how they got theirs to work.

Unfortunately, since this whole fiasco with BF4 since its release, it s been said ( I haven't confirmed it on EA's site yet) the other other day that EA has removed both phone and web chat support. That wouldn't surprise me, but in a situation like yours, there is an obvious issue.

Like I said, I'll do some asking around for other ideas to try.
Message 24 of 31 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 27, 2014
Okay, so the EA thing, kinda true, yet not. They don't advertise their number or web chat like they used to. There is the contact us, which looks like it will end up being an email to them or to the forum. Either way, not helpful. Not sure how long you've had their number and when the last time you called, but for the others out there, there are ways to search their information.

I talked to my significant other that had a similar issue with another game. He suggest that you delete everything BF4 related, including the game (if you have a digital copy of it) and the the data in your game utility folder. You risk losing your campaign (which BF4 seems to keep resetting anyway), but your stats are on their server, so you are safe there. Once you've cleaned out the game, all dlc and the utility data, restart your ps3, go to your download list and redownload everything. Once you have everything installed, start over, let all the updates download, and HOPEFULLY this will work.

I will still keep asking for ideas in the meantime.
Message 25 of 31 (264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 27, 2014

Ok..... Tried to re-download the premium licence and all the expansion packs..Nothing.

Little backround... Japanese PS3 80GB last generation console (switched to English). All my games are North American English versions for Japan region.

I have BF4 disc. Not the digital version.

I can not access the PSN store from within the game menu.

It won't show any of the expansion packs and the Battle Log doesn't show me as a Premium Member.

Once again I will have to catch PSN on the phone.

If that doesn't help I'll have to call EA (who's only comment has been " it's a PSN issue").

Yeah, I can and have contact EA Japan several times, but they are basically useless.  :smileysurprised:

If all else fails then I will remove / format my PS3 HD to ensure all data is gone and reload everything.

Hope it doesn't come to that, but...........

I'll keep everyone posted if I find the fix..

Message 26 of 31 (259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 29, 2014

I really hope this will help others everywhere having the same BF4 Premium problems with some (hopefully) ideas as to what you can try to do to fix this....

Ok.....Got hold of EA on the first try.. WOW !!! Maybe it's going to rain now...

Surprisingly, I got a guy who was extremely helpful and very polite... Guess not all EA people are usless after all.

He checked my account, which was limited at his end, and it only showed I did purchase premium and down loaded everything, but it didn't show proof of purchase, so he had me go to "My Account" and find the electronic reciept, take a pic to email to him.

The screen has: (in blue/green lettering)

Issue number: a 10 digit number of the transaction

Email: Your email address

Date of purchase: When you bought it

Item: What you purchased

Amount: money paid

There's also a sub screen showing the money transaction again in white.

He said this is only the second time this has happened here in Japan.

He sent me an email with step by step instructions on to attach the pic and finish the form.

After that he will send me a special code with step by step instructions on to input it on my PS3 and hopefully it will fix the problem..

If not, he said I may need to get a Japanese version of BF4, which I'm trying desperately NOT to get as I can not read Kanji. LOL !!!

I'll keep you all posted.

Message 27 of 31 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

May 2, 2014

Alright...

Had to take another pic...

BF4 main menu, press select and took a pic and sent it asap..

Got the code in record time... Less than 12hrs!!!!!

To bad it DID NOT work......:smileymad:

For those who say contact PSN USA?

I did....

After waiting 45min on a waiting list and another 40 min talking to the tech, he said " I can not help you. You MUST talk to PSN Japan".

Awwwww H3ll........ Guess I have to buy a Japanese language version and do some SPEED KANJI LEARNING...

Thanks to EA for your support no matter how limited it was...

THANK YOU PSN FOR NOT HELPING!!!!!

Message 28 of 31 (243 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Final Entry: BF4 Premium (China Rising DLC) not Working

May 4, 2014

Ok....

All attempts at a PSN / EA solution failed, but there is a light at the end....

I did manage to find a Japanese guy known simply  as "The Electron Geek" ( A bad translation?...LOL) who told me through a translator that although you can play N. American/English  PlayStation games here in Japan as many Japanese do, there is a special regional CODE (a patch if you will) that allows or doesn't allow the game to "talk" back and forth with PSN Japan and all the services associated with it.

Basically...N. American Games can and do work on Japanese PlayStation Consols, but it will NOT allow me to utilize the purchases nor will it allow me to go to the PSN Store from within the game menu.. 

I can only use the Play Station's menu for my game purchase, activate it and down load it with no ability for BF4 to patch / talk to the PSN Japan Store.

QUESTION: HEY EA / PSN GUYS!!!!

I had to find a "non" EA/PSN employee to give me the information you failed to give...

Why didn't you mention the regional patches in the game discs when I told you more than a month ago that my game was an import? :smileymad:

And yeah.....At one point I asked for a refund and PSN Japan said "We don't give refunds".  :smileysurprised:

Sooooooo..........

I was left to a final and somewhat expensive fix....

I went to a place called "BookOff" and found a used BF4 (Japanese version) for around $55.

Let's see...

That's $70 for BF4 (English version N. American Region), $50 for Premium and another $55 for BF4 Japanese language / region..

The Japan region fixed everything.

And there's a bonus...

The Japanese BF4 is in TOTAL ENGLISH!!!!!

Not like my first COD a few years ago which was total Japanese. Navigating the game menu was a headache trying to make sense of the translation...After that, I went with the N. American imports....

Anyways....

Live and learn.......

Special thanks to a new friend shinigamigrlkj13 who tried to help a total stranger.

THANK YOU for your friendship and your help!!!!!!

Catch you online !!!

Message 29 of 31 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: BF4 Premium not Working

Sep 17, 2014
same here (ps3), but iam not premium and iam having trouble with dragon teeth dlc allthough its already out for everyone, i downloaded and installed sucesssful and then when i try to join a server. it indicates BUY DLC not JOIN too and when i hit STORE on bf4, it said" No avaliable content to download, please try again later" Same as when iam trying to join Sunken Dragon. Add me on psn MyCatSaid plz help me if u guys found the solution
Message 30 of 31 (103 Views)
0 Likes