Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 15 2013
By: JackFrosted First Son 2 posts

Banned

4 replies 172 views Edited May 15, 2013

Hi. I have been banned from my psn account "RoyaleHouse". I think it was because one of my friends bought me a game using his account (I have not a credit card). It happened 3 weeks ago and I haven't received any email explaining me the reason. 

Message 1 of 5 (172 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6539 posts

Re: Banned

May 15, 2013

You should receive an e-mail within 48-72 hours of the ban going into effect.

Gamesharing - against the terms of service.  Sorry, sounds like you brought this on yourself. 

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Message 2 of 5 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 15, 2013

It happened 3 WEEKS ago. No email received from sony.

Yes, gamesharing is against the terms of service, but at least I want to know if it's a permanent ban or something.

My friend isn't even interested in the game (okami), and I was the one who paid. Is there any possibility of recover my account?

Message 3 of 5 (159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4224 posts

May 16, 2013

JackFrosted wrote:

Yes, gamesharing is against the terms of service, but at least I want to know if it's a permanent ban or something.

My friend isn't even interested in the game (okami), and I was the one who paid. Is there any possibility of recover my account?

If you have not received an e-mail yet, I would recommend contacting support here.

You can call or live-chat with them on the site.

They will tell you why you've been banned and the length of the ban.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 5 (124 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

May 16, 2013

JackFrosted wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

So you knowingly broke terms of service by game-sharing. You are aware of that much. As far as "who paid" your friend did via his account SONY doens't recognize if you handed him cash in exchange for it, nor whether or not he was the one interested.

As far as recovering your account the suggestion to contact customer service is a good one.  You will not be able to achieve a result by posting on the forum alone. I wish you luck, and avoid knowingly breaking TOS like you have here.  

You can contact customer support via a method provided by clicking >>> HERE

Message 5 of 5 (118 Views)
0 Likes