Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2013
By: MeseysPieces First Son 3 posts

Black Ops 2 Season Pass Taken Away

5 replies 345 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

My brother downloaded the season pass on Black Ops 2, his online name is JJsmalls-15 and we had bought it off the play station network store from our playstation with a $50 PSN card.  Now, a few weeks later, we lost all of oour DLC and my brother was deranked.  Now we don't own or know even where to get/use hacks and that is the only possible reason I can think of as to why this would happen.  My main account name is ARSENAL-40 and I have been with PSN for years and I haven't had any problems so I'm sure its just like a misunderstanding or something.  Please help! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (345 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28658 posts

Re: Black Ops 2 Season Pass Taken Away

Feb 18, 2013

MeseysPieces wrote:

My brother downloaded the season pass on Black Ops 2, his online name is JJsmalls-15 and we had bought it off the play station network store from our playstation with a $50 PSN card.  Now, a few weeks later, we lost all of oour DLC and my brother was deranked.  Now we don't own or know even where to get/use hacks and that is the only possible reason I can think of as to why this would happen.  My main account name is ARSENAL-40 and I have been with PSN for years and I haven't had any problems so I'm sure its just like a misunderstanding or something.  Please help! Thanks!

Welcome to the PlayStation Communiy for the USA.

An online pass would never be taken away, you purchased it, it will always be yours, so I think you are mistaken with that?

I'm still a little confused though as to what has happened, also i think you may be from the UK, if you are you may want to post your question in the UK/EU Black Op's Forums where someone may eb able to assist you, these are the USA Forums.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (337 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Hi thanks for responding, we are from america lol but um I'm not sure of another way to put it, we bought the season pass but we can not use the dlc anymore, we are hoping to get in back before the first map pack but everything has been taken away, nuketown 2025 zombies and multiplayer and less importantly the title.  Im going to see if I can Redownload it or something to see if it works.  The only reason I thought it would have been "taken away" is because my brother also got deranked, so I thought we were getting like unjustly punished or something haha. Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Ok I see what happened, when I tried to redownload it, it says that 2 or more ps3 systems have this account activated, my brother did not put his account on anyone's ps3 so it looks like he was hacked, is there anything we could do about this?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28658 posts

Feb 19, 2013

MeseysPieces wrote:

Ok I see what happened, when I tried to redownload it, it says that 2 or more ps3 systems have this account activated, my brother did not put his account on anyone's ps3 so it looks like he was hacked, is there anything we could do about this?

He wasn't 'hacked', 'hacked' is a word that's thrown around all too often.

You need to deactivate one or more PS3's to be able to use it again.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (322 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Feb 19, 2013

The de-ranking has nothing to do with any of this.  That is a separate issue that your brother has to resolve with Activision support.

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Rank-Has-Been-Reset-or-Rolled-Back/?l=en_US&c=Game_...

The activation limit on your brother's account could only change if he downloaded Playstation Store content to another person's PS3 (which is not permitted by the PSN license), or gave access to his account to someone else (also not allowed).  It is extremely unlikely that he was "hacked" through no fault of his own, if he can still sign-in to his account.  Hackers change your password so that you can't sign in to your account anymore.

Your brother should change his PSN password, and then reset his activations on the SEN web site.  He can only do the reset once every six months, so he needs to stop downloading content where it does not belong, and revoke any access to his account that he provided to others.  That is why he needs to change his password.  Here is a link to the activation reset procedure.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2616 

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (315 Views)
0 Likes