Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2013
By: xVandaIx First Son 29 posts

Black screen after 1.04 ps store update...

4 replies 255 views Edited Mar 25, 2013
Everytime i reboot i get a black screen now. Even when i tried to update it just went to a black screen
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (255 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18646 posts

Re: Black screen after 1.04 ps store update...

Mar 25, 2013

xVandaIx wrote:
Everytime i reboot i get a black screen now. Even when i tried to update it just went to a black screen

I updated the PSN Store app and I didn't encounter this issue.

To my understanding after the update everytime you boot your PS3 all you get is a blank screen; you don't see the PS3 logo as the PS3 boots up nor the loading of the XMB. In ther words, it is as you are not getting a video signal from the PS3 to your TV, right?

Let see if resetting the PS3 video output settings fixes this issue

While the PS3 system is in standby mode (red light on the front of the system), hold down the power button on the front of the system until the PS3 beeps a second time (approximately 5 seconds), then release it.

At this moment the PS3 will power up and the video output settings will be reset.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (253 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2013

I am facing the same issue after I updated on line. . .I tried the advised solution but still not working. . .

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks that works but i have the slim so i hold it until one beep and that seems to reset it
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18646 posts

Mar 25, 2013

xVandaIx wrote:
Thanks that works but i have the slim so i hold it until one beep and that seems to reset it

The first beep is the one you hear when you first press & hold the power button; after holding the power button for around 5 seconds you will hear the second beep. Anyways, glad that this fixed your issue :smileyhappy:

@OLAZO:  Sorry that it didn't work for ya'. Give it another try and see if it works.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (235 Views)
0 Likes