Feb 8, 2013
Message 21 of 26 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: Bought a used PS3, found it is PSN banned

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2013

Reading what Sony said it basically means that if a user does any of the aforementioned misdeads they can be banned.

However a person buying a used PS3 is not the user they are referrring too but a new owner and user, which means none of the above apply.

It's interesting as I just bought an open box PS3 from a well known Electronics chain, what happens if I connect it to the internet and it's banned?

It says on it, it has the full 12 months manurfactures warranty, so either I should be able to return it as being faulty, that is not all of it's features are functioning correctly "or" they should contact Sony  and have it unbanned.

Message 22 of 26 (388 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Oct 1, 2013

HypnoToe wrote:

Reading what Sony said it basically means that if a user does any of the aforementioned misdeads they can be banned.

However a person buying a used PS3 is not the user they are referrring too but a new owner and user, which means none of the above apply.

It's interesting as I just bought an open box PS3 from a well known Electronics chain, what happens if I connect it to the internet and it's banned?

It says on it, it has the full 12 months manurfactures warranty, so either I should be able to return it as being faulty, that is not all of it's features are functioning correctly "or" they should contact Sony  and have it unbanned.

If you purchase a used console from a retailer, and you find out that the console has been banned, then you have every legal right in the world to return the console to that retailer and either get another console that has not been banned, or get your money back.  This is because the reatiler is selling you the console and therefore what they are selling you has to function just as it is indicated on the box.  If they do not, then they can get in legal trouble.  

For a person-to-person sale, unless this is done through e-bay, or a similar third party, it's not as easy to get your money back aside from filing a small claims court case.

Message 23 of 26 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2014
Regardless the situation, YOU OWN the PS3 But Sony OWNS PSN so they can pretty much do as they please with the service.
Message 24 of 26 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7686 posts

Jul 26, 2014

xedgar562 wrote:
Regardless the situation, YOU OWN the PS3 But Sony OWNS PSN so they can pretty much do as they please with the service.

@xedgar562 

Check the dates on the posts before replying - the last post is almost a year old.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 25 of 26 (193 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2971 posts

Jul 26, 2014

This thread has run it's course and will now be locked.

Message 26 of 26 (189 Views)