Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2013
By: adecarli First Son 1 posts

Buying on Playstation Store in Argentina.

4 replies 335 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Hello there, i have a question for you guys, I hope you can understand me, since my english is not perfect.

I live in Argentina, which is not into Playstation Store yet (I´ve read that it will be available shortly), and I would really like to buy a classic PS1 game on the store. So the question is: What about buying something on the store, with a credit card which is mine, but entering a random US address?

I mean, can I have some kind of problem with that? I´m asking because I know nothing about the subjuct, wanted to ask before doing that. Hope you can help me, thank you!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (335 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Re: Buying on Playstation Store in Argentina.

Feb 25, 2013

adecarli wrote:

Hello there, i have a question for you guys, I hope you can understand me, since my english is not perfect.

I live in Argentina, which is not into Playstation Store yet (I´ve read that it will be available shortly), and I would really like to buy a classic PS1 game on the store. So the question is: What about buying something on the store, with a credit card which is mine, but entering a random US address?

I mean, can I have some kind of problem with that? I´m asking because I know nothing about the subjuct, wanted to ask before doing that. Hope you can help me, thank you!!

Welcome to the PlayStation Community for the USA.

There's nothing stopping you from creating another account, the problem you may have though will come from being able to fund it with US $, a credit card won't work unless it's a US credit card, which yours is not, your other option is PSN cards.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (330 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Hello

Desde hace un tiempo atras, ahora tu puedes crear una cuenta con tu domicilio en USA (guiño) y agregar credito a esa cuenta a traves de PayPal (Sony Entertainment Network -> account management -> add funds to wallet), no necesitas usar una tarjeta de credito de USA por más que vivas alli (guiño guiño), siempre que la tarjeta de credito que tengas sea internacional (asi tu puedes asociarla a Paypal previamente).

Saludos

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Feb 27, 2013

That will not work.  The billing address for the credit card must match the address of your Playstation Network account, including the country.  If your bank does not report the billing address of the account to merchants, then the credit card will not be accepted by Sony.  You can't work around the problem with Paypal.  The Paypal shipping address needs to match your PSN account address also.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Soy de Argentina tambien...  Crea tu cuenta de psn en USA , y compra tarjetas prepagas por amazon con la tarjeta de credito para luego cargar el credito en la psn store, y listo.  La unica manera que logre con exito siempre.

Podes comprarlas por bestbuy tambien, pero generalmente tardan horas en enviarte el codigo online; amazon en cambio, es casi instantaneo el envio a tu casilla.

Busca " Sony Playstation Network Card  [Online Game Code]"  de 20 o 50 son las opciones, de 10 creo tambien hay, pero no le veo mucho sentido.

Saludos

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)
0 Likes