Jan 24 2008
By: Bagwell~ First Son 20 posts
Accepted Solution

:) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

289 replies 47701 views Edited Jan 24, 2008
So I have tried to download content, but am unable to do so. I have tried my credit card (VISA) about 20 times, over the last week. I keep getting the message: CREDIT CARD NOT VALID. One time I had a message, UNABLE to PROCESS AT THIS TIME (I think it said that). I called VISA, and they told me my card was fine, and in fact they had authorized a dollar each time I tried to signup for the network billing as stated in their records of my account. I assume this is a PS3 (sony) problem, I call customer service and they tell me all the things I have already read in these forums, and that they cant do anything for me. I have tried everything, adjusting my name, using capitals with and without spaces ... everything. I only have one credit card, but I may have to go get a mastercard and try it another way. I NEED to download more Rockband songs dangit!

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it ....... any input would be great!

Message Edited by Bagwell on 01-24-2008 10:33 AM
Message 8 of 290 (47,701 Views)
Wastelander
755 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Jan 24, 2008
I had a problem just like this and you will be locked out for 48 hours. Check to make sure you have nothing in the line 2 for the address if you have an apt # put it on line one. This happened to me. I spoke to sony and they told me this and all was good after the 48 hour waiting period.
Message 1 of 290 (47,700 Views)
Fender Bender
4045 posts

Jan 24, 2008
Do a search on here. This has been discussed at length.
Message 2 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2008

mrro82 wrote:
Do a search on here. This has been discussed at length.

If you dont want to help, dont bother responding.

I did a search but it was not much help. People are saying: u entered it wrong, or dont use the apartment #. I am looking for someone that has had the same problem, and maybe the steps they took to solve the problem. Also it would be nice to know if sony will charge my card $1 for all my attempts that didnt work.
Message 3 of 290 (47,700 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2008
Does anyone know if I would be able to DL content to my PC, then throw it on my thumb drive and import it to the PS3 .... I just grasping at straws here.
Message 4 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2008
THANKS FOR THE INFO .. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!! For anyone else having this problem, this solution worked after all else failed.

I logged into the Playstation Network via my PC. I then entered the info there and voila, it worked. For whatever reason entering it on the PS3 was not working, maybe it is connection, or the router or whatever. I logged in the store on my PC added funds to the wallet, then went back downstairs to my PS3 made the store purchases and now Im rocking.

Customer service should have suggested this!
Message 5 of 290 (47,700 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Jan 24, 2008

Bagwell wrote:
THANKS FOR THE INFO .. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!! For anyone else having this problem, this solution worked after all else failed.

I logged into the Playstation Network via my PC. I then entered the info there and voila, it worked. For whatever reason entering it on the PS3 was not working, maybe it is connection, or the router or whatever. I logged in the store on my PC added funds to the wallet, then went back downstairs to my PS3 made the store purchases and now Im rocking.

Customer service should have suggested this!

How did you do this with your PC? Do you have a link?
Message 6 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2008
You sign into playstation network (using your ps3 online ID) via your PC. my pc and ps3 are not networked. you are signing as you would any other website. the website via PC accepted my credit card info no problem. then i added funds to the wallet while still on my pc.

i went back downstairs (were the ps3 is) and logged into the store and made the purchases. hope that helps.
Message 7 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Jan 24, 2008
Sorry forgot the link:

At the top right type in your playstation3 online ID as would on your ps3 but access it via your PC then sign in.
Message 9 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 24, 2008
darn, still woudlnt work for me.  does anyone know if we can use bank of america debit cards on the playstation store?
Follow me on Twitter!! @UltraNative

Get your Portable ID!
Message 10 of 290 (47,700 Views)
0 Likes