First Son
1 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Apr 10, 2010

Thanks guys.

we did the apartment number in line 1 instead of line 2 and that worked.

how silly is that.

Message 91 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Apr 16, 2010

If anyone else got this problem and using a VISA then it could be that VISA from 8th of april made a change. You now have to contact your bank and valiate our VISA card.

Message 92 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 16, 2010
Oh my! Had no problems for three years and now, of all the days, when episodes have finally arrived in EU store, I get this crappy message! AAAgrrhhh!!! Hm... maybe it's due to system inability to handle all the customers?
Message 93 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2010
i was having this same issue and i also found it to work by adding the apt info on the 1st line with the address as well ... plus, my bank effed up and typo'd my apartment number (they made it 1 (one) instead of I (eye)), which is what i had to type in the PS network to get it to work.
Message 94 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 23, 2010
I'm having this issue the same as everyone else, only none of the "fixes" work for me.

I'm trying to put in my newly-issued debit card I got about a month or so ago, but I keep getting told the card information isn't valid. Problem is, the card and information ARE valid.

I've tried the 9-digit zip code, making all the address info caps or lower case or properly capitalized, everything entered EXACTLY as it shows on my bank statements. I have my apartment number on line 1.

Now, maybe this has something to do with it? My bank, unfortunately, is Chase. It USED to be Washington Mutual, but the big corporate sale happened and now I'm stuck with Chase. My account is still known as a Washington Mutual Free Checking account, even though the bank is now Chase. Do you think that might be the issue?
Message 95 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 25, 2010

This is ridiculous. I have been issued a new credit card my bank and have done everything humanly possible to get the damned thing to update in my account settings both on the PS3 and through PC account management. From a customer service standpoint I think it is CRAZY to have to do this.. and to come up with these creative solutions. The system says to enter the information and so you should just enter it and go. Even better is the evidence that the card info IS CORRECT - based on the many attempts showing up as $1.00 authorized charges on my statement (which will eventually drop off). 

I think what bugs me more than anything is the seeming non-responsiveness of Sony. Oh well, I will just buy all my DLC from XBox Live. 

Message 96 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Apr 29, 2010

Ok I'm gonna go on a rant here for a moment and say I to am having the same problems. I changed my credit card info several times over the past year and this is the 1st time this is happening. It started yesterday. I tried several cards, tried those cards on several different PSN accounts of mine and they ALL say the same thing: NOT VALID I just tried AGAIN on a account I hadn't tried yet and I typed in EXACTLY what my bank has for the card I been trying and nothing. I even tried adding the extra numbers to the zip code with and without the dash. And funny part to all of this (ok not really funny more annoying), I'm being charged $1.00 so I know its going through. I called Sony yesterday and they tried putting the blame on ME saying I wasnt putting the address in right. Um NO. I never even touched the address till today, and the address worked just fine for the past year. Over a year actually. So this is DEF. Sonys doing and its really irritating. So NOW, I have to go out of MY way to get PSN cards or pay extra $$ to buy 1 online and get an instant code, along with a bunch of other people who are sharing the same issues, cuz Sony obviously cant fix a mistake that is making a lot of people mad. I'm about to go on strike from buying anything until they fix this matter.

*Edit to Add: I tried entering my billing info on PS3, iPhone & My computer (going to the PSN website)

Message 97 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 29, 2010

So here i stumble across this thread....

I have been using my credit card on PSN for the last 5 months with no problem what so ever.

Tonight i log on, see a game i want, add it to cart and press buy (checkout), then - the error.

How is this possible? Nothing has changed on my side, so why has this stopped working?

I stay in a country where i can't just phone them as will cost me way too much - but reading that so many people have these issue, how can sony not try sort it out?

Message 98 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 4, 2010

yeah wth is going on and WHY dosnt sony answer Smiley Frustrated 

I have checked all my info like 34 times.. and still " not valid ".. 

Then I started to look up the support.. HA!.. what a joke.. a bounch of guids.. f that..I live in sweden so I cant phone them either.. 

I simply need a Email-adress to them so I can ask them directly!!.. I´m SO MAD 

Message 99 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

adadw

May 4, 2010

yeah wth is going on and WHY dosnt sony answer Smiley Frustrated 

I have checked all my info like 34 times.. and still " not valid ".. 

Then I started to look up the support.. HA!.. what a joke.. a bounch of guids.. f that..I live in sweden so I cant phone them either.. 

I simply need a Email-adress to them so I can ask them directly!!.. I´m SO MAD 

Message 100 of 320 (399 Views)
0 Likes