Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
25 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Jan 27, 2008
This still hasn't worked for me, and it's been over 3 days...so I don't think that 48-hours rule applies.

What # do I call?
Message 21 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 27, 2008

UltraNative wrote:
darn, still woudlnt work for me.  does anyone know if we can use bank of america debit cards on the playstation store?

I've been trying to get my Bank of America debit card (which is a VISA btw) to work for almost a week now with no luck.  I use this card online for everything including Xbox LIVE and the Nintendo store and I've never had a problem.  I called B of A today to confirm that my address was correct and was the same as how I was entering it, and it all checked out.  They could see the failed attempts from the Playstation Network ($1.00 authorizations) and said it was being denied for "duplicate transaction".  They gave me a number to call for PSN.  After speaking with a PSN rep and explaining the problem she said that the Security team would have to get back to me and they probably won't call me until Wednesday!  (it's Sunday now).  I'll post back when I hear from them and hopefully it will be cleared up.  I don't even want to purchase anything at this time, but I'd like my card and payment info set up and on file so when I do I can just click and purchase!
Message 22 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 27, 2008
I just got off the phone with customer service, and she basically told me the only fix is to wait 24 hours without imputting any information/trying at all.

She told me the "card could not be updated" occurs when you try adding funds too much, which makes no sense as it should work THE FIRST TIME.

Lame.  You would think Sony would look into a problem that's charging its players $1 each time they try to access their shoddy service -- to buy something, no less.
Message 23 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Jan 28, 2008
OK guys and gals i too was having this same problem for about 3 weeks now after finally getting frustrated with it i finally contacted sony now when you call them here is there fixes they give you 1. first makes sure your PS 3 has been activated 2. make sure when entering your address if you have an apt # do not enter it ex.

2878 west ford st
 bum f egypt 32891

Do not use any punctiation at all 3. once all this fails because it did with me they will tell you to check with your bank to see if they support AVS which is address verification system now we are getting somewhere huh?? ok if you bank does the i recomend giving it a few days accessing the store thru a pc and retrying again i finally got mine to work NEW SONGS ON ROCKBAND finally !! any fellow rockers out there add me as a friend my ID is wareagle_8      hope this helped !!!
Message 24 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Jan 28, 2008

wareagle_8 wrote:
once all this fails because it did with me they will tell you to check with your bank to see if they support AVS which is address verification system now we are getting somewhere huh??

I forgot about the AVS thing.  The PSN rep also asked me to check if my bank supports AVS.  Considering how huge Bank of America is I have no doubt that they do, but I figured I'd wait until I heard from the "security team" before I bother B of A again just to ask them about AVS.
Message 25 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 29, 2008
mines not working either i get the same thing.
its stupid. really trully.
all those products should free. mostly all i
care about is motorstorm add on,s lol.
did anyone buy those? by the way?
Message 26 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12303 posts

Jan 29, 2008
A debit card is just as good as a credit, have you tried that?
» Follow me @OfficialOc «
Message 27 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 1, 2008
still no luck adding funds...... cmon sony, step up and fix this mess....
psn : CptButtonMasher
Wii : too lazy to check my number.....

Message 28 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Feb 1, 2008

Deathrace King wrote:

UltraNative wrote:
darn, still woudlnt work for me.  does anyone know if we can use bank of america debit cards on the playstation store?

I've been trying to get my Bank of America debit card (which is a VISA btw) to work for almost a week now with no luck.  I use this card online for everything including Xbox LIVE and the Nintendo store and I've never had a problem.  I called B of A today to confirm that my address was correct and was the same as how I was entering it, and it all checked out.  They could see the failed attempts from the Playstation Network ($1.00 authorizations) and said it was being denied for "duplicate transaction".  They gave me a number to call for PSN.  After speaking with a PSN rep and explaining the problem she said that the Security team would have to get back to me and they probably won't call me until Wednesday!  (it's Sunday now).  I'll post back when I hear from them and hopefully it will be cleared up.  I don't even want to purchase anything at this time, but I'd like my card and payment info set up and on file so when I do I can just click and purchase!

UPDATE:  Tony from PSN security called me on Monday and we've been playing phone tag all week.  Not bad considering the original rep told me they wouldn't be calling me until Wednesday.  I never got to speak to Tony, but today after work I decided to try and add my card again and it worked.  I think when B of A updated my address info it took a few days.  Whatever they did, it worked
Message 29 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 1, 2008
Well it seems like sometimes you get lucky with this some time you dont.  I still can't get my credit card to work.  I just wish sony would make an offical statement about this somewhere.  If they would acknowledge this problem and say they are working on it, or really just say anything, it wouldn't be so frustrating.  It just seems like they dont want to fess up to this mistake.  This isn't an isolate incident, there is a large number of people with this problem.  Don't they want to address this?
Message 30 of 288 (1,878 Views)
0 Likes