Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Feb 14, 2009

I had this problem with an apartment number. My address normally (as in on my statements...) looks like this:

Mr. Steuc

1234 North Really Long Street Name

Apt 123

City, TX

Reading this thread I tried to put it all in one line (didn't fit) so I ended up with this:

Mr. Steuc

1234 North Really Long Street Name 123

City, TX

Strangely that worked even though it does not actually exactly match the address on my credit card. I'm not even sure if putting the apartment number on there was necessary at all but it worked! Too bad it is now too late to start playing Flower tonight

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2009

I tried every suggestion in this thread.  I still got no where.  I called Sony and the customer service representative I called said "Sometimes the PO Box addresses just don’t work.  The only suggestion I can make is that you use a different credit card or go buy a PlayStation Network Card."

I find this totally unacceptable and inexcusable.

Read my post about it on my blog.

As I said in my post I use this card all over the place, both online and offline without any problems at all.

Someone really needs to get this crap fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 24, 2009
None Of theese WOrk  ffs seriously i been tryin for about 2 months always waitn 1-4 days b4 tryin again and it still says invalid@@ FFS
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 25, 2009
I had this problem a while back with a VISA debit card before the PSN cards were released. Anyway, what I did was use the PAYPAL browser plugin and it worked perfectly. It will generate a credit card that allows you to use it once. You can generate as many as you want. It was a little bit of a hassle but it worked. So for some of you with this problem and you have a Paypal account, maybe try that.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 8, 2009

i had this problem alot aswell....although, i believe i just fixed it. there are a few things that could mess it up though, such as the following:

if the cardholder name has a middle initial on it, try removing it. this is the one that fixed my problem.

if your street name is "something drive" use dr. instead of drive (use the period too)

my postal code has a space separating it into 2 groups of three, i dont know if this even affects it though.

Good luck with my tips!

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2009
I have the same problem.  Tried ALL of the possible fixes aside from buying a PSN card or doing the PAYPAL thing and I also complained to customer service, all to no avail.  Got fed up so I lodged a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2009
I was having the same problem with my VISA debit card and came here looking for any ideas. The PayPal Plug-In seemed a good one but it doesn't support the Mac and I had no desire to hook up my PC(if you have a Mac, then you know why). So I rolled with the advice about the "apartment number being on Line 2" and slapped it up there on Line 1 with the rest of my address. It worked. I'm done. Thanks. Now they need to fix that. It really is retarded.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 11, 2009

I've been trying to add my Visa debit-card for the past two months to no avail.  I've initiated discussions with the support folks, who, after keeping me waiting several days for a response, will eventually get back to me with a canned response.  I've spoken to the folks at Sony, and while they are a helpful bunch, insofar as they obviously want to help, they're ultimately just as innefectual as the online support is at the end of the day.  They invariably end up giving me canned responses too, and it's frustrating.  I've done everything they've suggested, over and over again.  I've followed every step to a tee, and still my card refuses to work.  Now I'm not sure this complaint is BBB-worthy, but it sure is annoying as hell.  I can use the same card to buy stuff on my 360 and Wii, no problem.  Sony's service is the only one that has given me a problem, and I can't, for the life of me figure out why.  It would appear that Sony doesn't know either, and simply doesn't care.   

To add insult to injury, it was suggested to me that I buy a PSN card.  The cheapest one that I can find in my neck of the woods goes for $20 bucks.  If all I want is a six-dollar PSX game at the time, then I'm being forced to spend 14 bucks more than I wanted to, simply because Sony makes it darn near impossible for me to use my debit card.  Granted, that's no worse that Microsoft or Nintendo's services, which don't even give you the option to pay for just what you want, but even so, it's unacceptible in light of the fact that the option is there, dangling in front of my nose like a carrot.  Why offer the option if it doesn't work equally for all customers?  And besides, I have to point back to the fact that while inferior to Sony's in this regard, at least I can use my card to buy stuff from Microsoft and Nintendo's services.  Even if I have to spend a little more to do it.

Anyway, this ongoing nonsense has sort of put me off to the PS3.  It's a fine console, with a fine stable of great games, but when you can't use an integral function for reasons that don't make much sense, at least not without jumping through a ton of hoops to do it, and the company whom you've supported by buying their product in the first place doesn't seem to care to help you out, it can sort of cheapen the whole package.  That said, it's not like I'm going to sell the thing, and I'll probably end up caving and buying some PSN cards instead of a new game this month, so put down the pitch-forks fan-boys.  It's just a little off-putting is all.  I'll get over it eventually.  :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 13, 2009
None of these suggestions worked, i itried 2 credit cards visa and master card. I dealt with the bank, with my card carrier and playstation customer service and the psn customer service reps are the most useless people on the face of the earth. What pisses me off most is they dont even have the pre paid psn card available in canada so im completely **bleep**ed. **bleep** the playstation store
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 13, 2009
Can anything be done about the pre-authorizations they took out even though it said it was invalid?
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 288 (486 Views)
0 Likes