First Son
18 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Apr 30, 2009

I know it's been a while since the last post, but these pre-authorization fees are temporary and are removed anywhere after 24hours to 1 week, depending on your bank and your credit card company I think.. for me it takes 7-8 days for them to be removed.

That being said.. I'm having the same problem as many people on here. No matter how I enter the information, it just says it is invalid. I've contacted my CC company and Sony and while the information is accurate and my company does support AVS, it just doesn't go through on Sony's side and Sony basically said they weren't the problem, although when looking at the number of people that experiences the same issue, it's pretty clear that they are the source of the problem in all of this, especially since my Wii and X360 took the same Credit Card information first shot, without any problems.

Guess I'll keep on trying once in a while.. for the worst I'll call my CC company again to see if they can't give me more information regarding this issue, they were more helpful than Sony was anyway, so I know who to call if I have questions regarding a failed transaction on PSN.

It's sad because apart from this issue, I love the PS3 and PS Network.

Message 51 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

May 17, 2009

dang it.

I am having this problem too.

I had to change my CC info to a new card for various reasons.  But PS Store kept saying my new card is invalid.

I guess I'll have to try again in 24hr......

Message 52 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

May 17, 2009
i have no problems...
Owned: Star Wars Force Unleashed with mission pack, Civ Revolutions with most additions, Madden 10, GTAIV, Little Big Planet+, Skate 2, RockBand 2 (full set), Beatles Rockband, Savage Moon, COD World At War, COD 5 Modern Warfare 2, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Worms, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 + DLC
Message 53 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Jun 2, 2009
were do i go on the website to transfer money to my wallet
Message 54 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 2, 2009
While being logged on these forums (or on playstation.com), click on "My Profile" at the top right of the page under your username. From there you can select "Manage Account", it'll give you a warning that you are leaving this site for another or something, just continue, they'll ask for your login name and password again and then you will be on the account management page where you can edit your billing information as well as add funds to your account.
Message 55 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 8, 2009
This is retarded... I've tried everything listed in these forums, called Sony, called Mastercard, nothing has worked. I live in Canada too and have no idea where to get PSN card/if I can even get one. I buy things online all the time and have NEVER had a problem with the card now.  Just want to give Sony my money but I can you f#%$#%$#@
Message 56 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 8, 2009
There's no PSN card in Canada yet (what they're waiting after before releasing them here, I don't know) but I've actually had success with VISA Gift Cards, although Sony claims that gift cards and bla bla aren't supposed to work on the PS Store. I buy these cards at the Metro food store near me, I think they are given by Citizens Bank and are basically pre-paid credit cards. There's 25$, 50$ and 100$. If you want to try it, I'd suggest you try 25$ first since they are the cheapest ones. You just need to register it on their website (it's explained on the cards package) to be able to use it online.
Message 57 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 8, 2009

All I did to fix was remove "Blvd" from the end of my address.  Prehaps St. and Blvd  causes a problem.  It could also be that my address was very long in the first box and that shortened it.

Message 58 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 11, 2009
Ever since i Received my new ps3 after getting YLOD (60 GB) I cant buy from the PS Store or edit billing information. I keep on getting the message "Credit Card infromation cannot be updated"
Message 59 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 11, 2009

I use my Visa Debit Card with no problems at all! My suggestion would be to get one of these from your bank, they are free to have and use.

I suspect that the people who are having problems are entering the information wrong, IE: Blvd. or Ave like the person did a few posts back.

Good Luck getting this working for all of you who are having problems The PSN has some GREAT games I hope you get it working

Message 60 of 312 (667 Views)
0 Likes