Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Aug 15, 2009
Well,I've Been Trying for 2 days with Everything in Caps,dunno if its because of my address but it has a - in it like in the name Saint-Catherine,i tried removing the - and putting a space between and even putted saintcatherine in 1name
And with the cardholder name is it alright to just put 1 name or it has to be both of them?
Message 61 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 15, 2009

Not sure if it can help, but if you do live on Sainte-Catherine, isn't it "Sainte" instead of "Saint"? I'm not sure about this though. Also you can always try stuff like "Ste-Catherine", this opens up to a lot more possibilities! If you haven't tried 'em yet.

I personally still haven't got mine to work after over 1 year of owning the PS3. It still doesn't work, and there is still no specific solution to the problem other than trying another Credit Card, which I really don't feel like getting a second Card just for the PS Store. I still think it's a problem with the store itself, so until it is fixed I'll stick to buying PSN Cards now that they are available in Canada.

Message 62 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 15, 2009

Lol yeah i know it should be sainte xP,but it was just an exemple.didnt try with St or ST yet.
And About the Psn Card i Heard they were available in Best Buy in Canada,is it true?

Message 63 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 15, 2009
I don't know about Best Buy (the closest one to me is like 1 hour drive away), but I did see them in GameStops and EBgames stores.
Message 64 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 31, 2009
Hey i have a 60 gig ps3 got it the 21st and i tryed everything and it just says "credit card information cannot be update, check you PSN info and contact technical support." is it cause i have a 60 gig or is my Credit card or is it just PSN's crappy service??!
Message 65 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Aug 31, 2009

Bagwell~ wrote:
So I have tried to download content, but am unable to do so. I have tried my credit card (VISA) about 20 times, over the last week. I keep getting the message: CREDIT CARD NOT VALID. One time I had a message, UNABLE to PROCESS AT THIS TIME (I think it said that). I called VISA, and they told me my card was fine, and in fact they had authorized a dollar each time I tried to signup for the network billing as stated in their records of my account. I assume this is a PS3 (sony) problem, I call customer service and they tell me all the things I have already read in these forums, and that they cant do anything for me. I have tried everything, adjusting my name, using capitals with and without spaces ... everything. I only have one credit card, but I may have to go get a mastercard and try it another way. I NEED to download more Rockband songs dangit!
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it ....... any input would be great!

Message Edited by Bagwell on 01-24-2008 10:33 AM

thad code on the back is usually the problem, I'd call you bank an  ask why you can'y use it to buy stuff
Message 66 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 31, 2009

PS Store's service just has something wrong with it.. The model of the PS3 doesn't have anything to do with this and seeing as a lot of people have issues with this it's highly possible that it is the PS Store's service. If my credit card works for every single store I used online and both other current gen systems out there, I don't see why it wouldn't on PS Store, but it still doesn't.

I still try every couple of months hoping that they have fixed it, but it never works. At least we have PSN Cards though, and the Visa Gift Cards still works. So those two are an option.

Message 67 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Sep 12, 2009

For God's sake I cannot believe this crap! I have not played my PSP in a LOOONG time, I remembered when I was getting the "Communication with the server failed error (0x80048a25)" a year ago when I was trying to download a game that I had already PAID for; so today I took out my psp, recharge the battery, installed another useless update, with another 200mb of crap with the Media Go and the QuickTime useless player, I was ready to download a game and this credit card crap issue comes up... forget it, this is worthless, is always the same story and I'm not going to waste my time with this... I hope I wasn't charged any money because then I'm gonna get really pissed off!

They DID charge me 4 times!!!! You morons!!! http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1033/playstationstoreyoumoro.png -- I knew it!

Message Edited by storeplay_nando on 09-12-2009 12:19 PM
PS2 and PSP friendly.
Message 68 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Sep 13, 2009
I was trying to purchase a game for my son and was having the same problem for 3 days.  Called the bank and they said the card was fine.  Finally I found out what the problem was, you have to enter your zip code plus the extra 4 number they put after you zip code without the dash. Ex. 00623 - 5889.  You have to enter 006235889.  That solved the problem for me!
Message 69 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 25, 2009
Just wanted to let you guys know that taking the Apt # out of the address 2 spot made it work for me.
Message 70 of 288 (277 Views)
0 Likes