You will get it back, these are only temporary fees of $1 to know whether your credit card is activated and accepted, so it shows that you at least entered the correct credit card number and what not 6 times if it adds up to $6 (though PSN has problems with the address being right, it never misses a chance at charging those temporary fees).
Depending on your CC company/Bank company, it may take up to 1 week for the fees to be removed. It usually takes 8 days for me.
Had the same exact problem, but I finally found the fix.
Basically PSN is insanely obsessive compulsive about you entering your address info. exactly the way your bank has it on file. It wasn't successfull until I cut and pasted my address from the account page on my bank account sie.I even had to put in the 9-digit zip code instead of the 5-digit one.
I don't know anything about the 24/48 hr waiting period. I made 4 attempts last nite and 3 attmepts this afternoon and it worked fine when I finally put it in the way my bank has it on file.
Had this problem too, tried using my Bank of America Debit Card and Credit Card (both Visas) many times, after getting locked out multiple times and having to wait 24 hours in between.
Finally got it to work when I logged in via PC AND took out my Apartment # from the second line.
Best of luck to anyone who comes on here with the same problem.
To access the PS Store you need MediaGo, but that's only for PSP compatible games on the PS Store. It cannot be accessed from the PC otherwise.
To modify your account information, click on "My Profile" in the top-right corner of this webpage (you will need to login first, if you aren't, it's located at the same place; top-right corner), which will take you to your profile, of course. Then click on "Manage Account" which will open a new window, ask you for your e-mail and password again. From there you'll be able to modify your account, add funds from the PC, etc.
I apologize for bumping an old thread but this is the most relevant place it seems. I pretty much have the same issue as everyone else, pretty much exactly as the OP. I've tried entering the info on my Playstation, on my PC, copy pasting my bank address, using all caps, 9 digit zip codes, but I have not called Playstation customer service for now to avoid more frustrations.
So on the first page to update the billing information, it asks for:
- Card Type - Easy stuff here. Should be no confusion.
- Cardholder's Name - To those who have had this work. Did you put this in all caps? If you are a SR or JR, did you put that too? You you just capitalize the first letter of your first and last name?
- Card Number - No hyphens or spaces. No confusion here.
- Expires On - Same as above.
- Security Code - Same as above.
- Street Address 1/2/3 - Do you have your address all in one line? For example: If it was 0000 Coconut Blvd, do you separate any of those to the different address line?
- City - Do you put this in caps?
- State - Easy stuff.
- Postal Code - Did you post the normal 5 digit code or did you use the 9 digit? Did you use the hyphen with the 9 digit?