Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Sep 25, 2009
i had been charged 6 Dollars just for trying to enter my cc, do i still get this money or is it gone?
under_groundking
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 25, 2009

You will get it back, these are only temporary fees of $1 to know whether your credit card is activated and accepted, so it shows that you at least entered the correct credit card number and what not 6 times if it adds up to $6 (though PSN has problems with the address being right, it never misses a chance at charging those temporary fees).

Depending on your CC company/Bank company, it may take up to 1 week for the fees to be removed. It usually takes 8 days for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Sep 25, 2009
also for some reason it will ot allow me to even enter it, so sould i call and check why it wont work?
under_groundking
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 25, 2009
After about 5-6 tries, the PSN "locks" you from entering billing information for a period of 24 hours. Tomorrow around the same time as right now you'll be able to try again. But in the meantime I suggest you try to call your CC company and see what's blocking the transaction from working, they might be able to help you on this one. There's a lot of stuff people suggest on this topic so you can also try these. As a last resort you can always try calling Sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 22, 2009

Had the same exact problem, but I finally found the fix.

Basically PSN is insanely obsessive compulsive about you entering your address info. exactly the way your bank has it on file. It wasn't successfull until I cut and pasted my address from the account page on my bank account sie.I even had to put in the 9-digit zip code instead of the 5-digit one.

I don't know anything about the 24/48 hr waiting period. I made 4 attempts last nite and 3 attmepts this afternoon and it worked fine when I finally put it in the way my bank has it on file.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 288 (211 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2009

Had this problem too, tried using my Bank of America Debit Card and Credit Card (both Visas) many times, after getting locked out multiple times and having to wait 24 hours in between.

Finally got it to work when I logged in via PC AND took out my Apartment # from the second line.

Best of luck to anyone who comes on here with the same problem. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 23, 2009

hi i am very confused on the matter how do you connect to the playstation store from your pc or add funds to your wallet from your pc?

please help

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 23, 2009
please someone send me a link to the playstation store on my pc i am dying to download an extra pack for one of the games
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 23, 2009

To access the PS Store you need MediaGo, but that's only for PSP compatible games on the PS Store. It cannot be accessed from the PC otherwise.

To modify your account information,  click on "My Profile" in the top-right corner of this webpage (you will need to login first, if you aren't, it's located at the same place; top-right corner), which will take you to your profile, of course. Then click on "Manage Account" which will open a new window, ask you for your e-mail and password again. From there you'll be able to modify your account, add funds from the PC, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 25, 2009

I apologize for bumping an old thread but this is the most relevant place it seems. I pretty much have the same issue as everyone else, pretty much exactly as the OP. I've tried entering the info on my Playstation, on my PC, copy pasting my bank address, using all caps, 9 digit zip codes, but I have not called Playstation customer service for now to avoid more frustrations. 

So on the first page to update the billing information, it asks for:

• Card Type - Easy stuff here. Should be no confusion.

• Cardholder's Name - To those who have had this work. Did you put this in all caps? If you are a SR or JR, did you put that too? You you just capitalize the first letter of your first and last name?

• Card Number - No hyphens or spaces. No confusion here.

• Expires On - Same as above.

• Security Code -  Same as above.

Now for the Address page.

• Street Address 1/2/3 - Do you have your address all in one line? For example: If it was 0000 Coconut Blvd, do you separate any of those to the different address line?

• City - Do you put this in caps?

• State - Easy stuff.

• Postal Code - Did you post the normal 5 digit code or did you use the 9 digit? Did you use the hyphen with the 9 digit?

Hope someone can help =\, and thanks for responding. 

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 288 (211 Views)
0 Likes