First Son
29 posts

Re: :) CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - FIX

Nov 21, 2009
i have had this problem close to a year, this is f****** ridiculous. All these little damn rules and exceptions and nit picking and crap is plain retarded. Funny thing is no matter how much we whine, complain, call sony, call our banks and write on these SONY forums they are either too lazy to fix it or just plain dont give a **bleep**. I suggest adding MORE games to the amazon digital download service for PSN, make a PSN debit card or some kind of card that is rechargeable, integrate paypal, or.....FIX THE DAMN THING. I called sony and all they do is regurgitate the same BS and tell me their sorry go buy a gift card, i thought this was supposed to be convenient? Reminds me of the original trailer for Aliens but with a twist..on the playstation billing information screen sony doesnt care to hear you scream. But alas all of this is for nothing, because again they prolly wont see this or are paying someone to delete these kind of truthful messages.
Message 81 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2009

MoonRaiden wrote:
I was trying to purchase a game for my son and was having the same problem for 3 days.  Called the bank and they said the card was fine.  Finally I found out what the problem was, you have to enter your zip code plus the extra 4 number they put after you zip code without the dash. Ex. 00623 - 5889.  You have to enter 006235889.  That solved the problem for me!

this worked for me as well.

you have to enter the address exactly like how it is in your account.

Message 82 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Dec 31, 2009

WOW! lol thanks so much for that, i did that and it finally worked after so many failures.

what i did was go in thru a pc and then i only added the last digits of the area code and voila.

all it takes is matching what your card statement shows exactly.

Message 83 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Dec 31, 2009
BUY A PSN CARD M8
Message 84 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2010

Same here. this **bleep** is ridiculous.

Message 85 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Mar 16, 2010

OMG I thought I was the only one having this issue.

Message 86 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2010

Well glad I'm not alone in this but to be honest unless what I've heard is true about psn going pay to play then I don't give a damn. If however psn goes pay to play I most likely will either learn to be happy playing single player games or I will sell the system and get an xbox 360 which I know is pay to play but at least you can get your debit / credit cards to go through. I paid over almost 400 bucks for my ps3 it has the 250 gig hd in it. I think with the sales of those units, and the games, the psn should remain free and it should be more user friendly. Oh wait I forgot I live in the real world where everything sucks ass lol.

peace

Message 87 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 16, 2010

Pay to Play will be an option, it wont be forced upon anyone. Do your homework and get your facts straight before you whine and complain.

Message 88 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 16, 2010

The rumors you're talking about did mention that there would be premium content available for a monthly fee subscription, but that every services currently offered will remain free, which as far as I'm concerned, Online play is a service that is currently offered for free.

I gave up on the Credit Card thing, Sony definitely doesn't want to look into it nor provide a fix for it, so I simply buy PSN cards that are pretty much available worldwide now in every game stores or big retailers.

Message 89 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: :( CREDIT CARD NOT VALID - HELP!!!

Apr 3, 2010

Removing "Apt #" in Address Line 2 worked for me.

I tried on the PS3 and on line (PC), but both failed untill i removed the apt number.

Message 90 of 312 (357 Views)
0 Likes