Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2013
By: Krilmal First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Call Of Duty in a dorm

2 replies 148 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

I wanted to know since I go to college and I'm always trying to play Call of Duty in my dorm online, but it takes forever to get on. I have a very good router but it does not seem to speed up the process. Since I live in a big dorm, does it make my internet slower?? Is there a way I can make it go faster?? I'll pretty much try anything to get my signal stronger and make my internet faster.

Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4691 posts

Re: Call Of Duty in a dorm

Jan 23, 2013

Krilmal wrote:

I wanted to know since I go to college and I'm always trying to play Call of Duty in my dorm online, but it takes forever to get on. I have a very good router but it does not seem to speed up the process. Since I live in a big dorm, does it make my internet slower?? Is there a way I can make it go faster?? I'll pretty much try anything to get my signal stronger and make my internet faster.

Different colleges may handle things differently, but when I was in college, they did not want you to be gaming on their network, so speeds were extremely slow.  I used my PC and I don't know the details of what they did but internet speeds were great for everything else and for local networks but not for playing online on an external network.

Anyway, it's possible your college is the same way, or perhaps they just have a slow network.  You may want to contact your campus IT support and see what they say.  On the other hand, perhaps someone you know knows of a workaround and you won't want to contact IT :smileywink:.  Other cases I've heard of, you just needed to let them know your device's MAC address to allow network access.  Anyway, I believe someone at your college will be your best chance of getting help.

Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Call Of Duty in a dorm

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

okay thank you very much :smileyhappy:

Edit: Thread moved from PS3 General section

-Stage_Coach

Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)
0 Likes