Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2011
By: byunggu First Son 4 posts

Can't connect to Playstation Network with my Playstation 3

24 replies 53076 views Edited Apr 19, 2011

I am having problem connecting to Playstation Network through Playstation 3. I've been searching the Web for hours and I still haven't been able to fix the issue.

I've start noticing this problem when I tried to watch Netflix. It was working fine for like 3 months until about a week ago.

Until tonight for about a week now, everytime I tried to watch instant Netflix, Playstation 3 prompted me to connect to the PSN using my username and password. After I input my information, I got an timed out error code 80710092. After I press the back button from the error screen, it prompted me again for my username and password and again it gave me the same error code. After I press the O button, it allows me to watch Netflix.

Tonight, it won't allow me to watch netflix now and the system continues to ask me for my playstation network sign-in info.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I have playstation 3 120GB system. My firmware (system) version is 3.60.

I use a router - Linksys by Cisco, model number WRT160N ver3.

I have updated my router to the lastest version of firmware ver 3.0.03 build 3 dated 07/12/2010 from Cisco website.

My playstation 3 uses Static IP configuration with DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I forward ports 80, 443, 5223, 3658, 10070 ~ 10080, 3478~3479 both UDP and TCP.

I've tried connecting using wireless and wired. I've tried using automatic setting and manual setting.

My internet connection works through Playstation 3 browser i.e. youtube, facebook, etc.

I still have about 40 GB left on my system.

I've tried resetting my password for PSN by forgot password option. It prompted me for my correct security question and it reset my password correctly because I used the reset password through Playstation 3 system to log in to here now through my PC.

I also tried resetting my Playstation 3 system as well as my router.

My ISP is Cobridge in Arkansas.

Please help!!!! Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (53,076 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Re: Can't connect to Playstation Network with my Playstation 3

Apr 19, 2011

im having  the same problem too. i called customer support and they say the network is down.im in TN, you?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I am in Arkansas. Who's your ISP, Delta-16? I just don't understand why I can't watch Netflix completely now. I wonder if it has something to do with the last weeks horrible storm....

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Charter, do this, it worked for me:

Step 1- Log into PSN until you get the error code. Press O to go back to log in screen. Then sign in again, wait a couple seconds then cancel. Keep doing this till you get a differant error code...its has a B or something in it. Then press 0 and sign in one more time but dont cancel it and that should work! Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (53,074 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I'm in BC, Canada and have been getting that error on and off for the last week.  usually I can get it back by enabling/disabling the media server connection, but not tonight, totally down.  Their stupid status page doesn't exist either, just a loop of links that don't show the status

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

So I've tried what you said for about 10 minutes and about 20 times or so with no avail....

Cobridge here used to be Charter but they changed about 4 to 5 months ago. I hated Charter and I still hate Cobridge....

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

This is garbage! I keep getting these f-in error codes also. I can't log in, what is the PSN comming to??? I'd hate to switch to x-box, but if this is all I have to look forward to...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I have the same problem. I'm in Texas. I use Verizon. The internet connection is not down and I can easily browse the internet from my PS3. I am logged in to my PSN account from my PC, yet my PS3 cannot login at all now. It started about a week ago (off and on) when I tried to watch Netflix. Now, no PSN login from my PS3.

PLEASE tell me that Sony hasn't suddenly cut off their free PSN accounts trying to force into a PSN plus account? I would hate for that to be the case.

I started having the problem after this last system update (3.60) - We need a fix - yesterday!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

It's not your ISP - it's the 3.60 update that broke this. Everything was working fine until I was forced to update to 3.60 (happened when I tried to use Netflix) - looks like I am going to have to use my Wii now.

Too bad - I was thinking about a PSN+ account, but if a simple update can cause this kind of outage, I am reluctant to even consider paying for access ...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

same problem in mt own 3 ps3's during onlinr play i get a message saing im signed out now i cant even sign in with my 80 but for at lest 2 weeks now repeated disconnects from the psn.  ever since the switch over to SEA from SCEA.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (53,074 Views)
0 Likes