Highlighted
Jan 01 2014
By: Prusin25 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Cancel of purchase in PS Store

6 replies 361 views Edited Jan 1, 2014

Hello 

I have small problem i bought Assassin Creed for PS Vita but i wanted to buy preorder Assassin Creed Liberation HD for ps3 .

Is there any chances to refund or exchange ?

Message 1 of 7 (361 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: Cancel of purchase in PS Store

Jan 1, 2014

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Prusin25 wrote:

Hello 

I have small problem i bought Assassin Creed for PS Vita but i wanted to buy preorder Assassin Creed Liberation HD for ps3 .

Is there any chances to refund or exchange ?

All sales are generally final & no refunds are given, exchanges are not possible at all, you'll need to contact Sony customer support directly to request a refund, here's their number.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Average Wait Time: Up to 15 Minutes

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 7 (351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 5, 2014

There is one of these threads on every page of support. Clearly Sony can be doing something better in their store interface... like not mixing PS3 and PS Vita title together on the same pages. Genious idea I know. 

Message 3 of 7 (318 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Jan 6, 2014

DonKilme wrote:

There is one of these threads on every page of support. Clearly Sony can be doing something better in their store interface... like not mixing PS3 and PS Vita title together on the same pages. Genious idea I know. 

I disagree entirely.

The PS Store is clearly marked as to which games are for which console, these Forums are full of Threads like this because people are not careful enough, period.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 7 (304 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 10, 2014

and while you are entitled to your opinion, users that have bought games they regret buying and have to worry about refunds because of poor UI design, UX and attempts to push platforms down users' throats are a great way to make users suspicious and begruding of PSN. Specifically, such users are likely to move away from the store.

Also the fact many MANY users almost bought games for dead handhelds instead of their desired platforms is leaving plenty of users just really really careful with what they click when on the PSN store. Overall, the store is a much less pleasant experience for this and attempting to educate your users to be more careful by placing these traps all over is hardly a great sales approach.

Message 5 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Jan 10, 2014

Spidort wrote:

and while you are entitled to your opinion, users that have bought games they regret buying and have to worry about refunds because of poor UI design, UX and attempts to push platforms down users' throats are a great way to make users suspicious and begruding of PSN. Specifically, such users are likely to move away from the store.

Also the fact many MANY users almost bought games for dead handhelds instead of their desired platforms is leaving plenty of users just really really careful with what they click when on the PSN store. Overall, the store is a much less pleasant experience for this and attempting to educate your users to be more careful by placing these traps all over is hardly a great sales approach.

Please see my answer above, people need to be more careful, that's it.

BRIT-KO

Message 6 of 7 (261 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 11, 2014
I did the same thing and blew $40 trying to get DBZ for my PS3 and instead downloaded tje game for Vita. Makes no sense to list other platform games if im not on that platform. Yes Brit Ko I should have looked at the little writing to see it was for Vita but I didnt. Seen a game I wanted and in the end 40 down the toilet. I dont think ill wait on the phone just to hear I cant get a refund or exchange.
Message 7 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes