Feb 03 2013
By: UCSpurs20 First Son 3 posts

Cannot add funds to wallet

5 replies 190 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Recently added funds to my wallet. I had my debit card information saved on the account. The next day, when i went to add more funds, I got an error message about my billing information being inaccurate. I cannot add funs either through the online portal at Sony.com or on my PS3.  Don't understand the problem as less than a day took place between me successfully adding funds and then suddenly having my credit card info rendered inaccurate. I did not edit anything at all.

Please help. Trying to add funds for the Black Ops2 Season pass and this is very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Cannot add funds to wallet

Feb 19, 2013
Same thing happened to me I'm trying to get the the dlc for bo2 and it said funds cannot be added to your wallet so I called ps3 and they said wait a day and it will work so I did what it said and still didn't work. So I thought maybe I didn't wait long enough so I waited 2 days and it still didn't work this is really stupid and I'm **bleep** off as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13041 posts

Feb 19, 2013

That isn't uncommon.  Sony changes the criteria for accepting credit cards regularly to combat fraud, and to make it difficult for people to fund PSN accounts in countries that they do not reside in; which is not permitted under PSN rules. Most debit cards are not accepted by PSN, and the number that are accepted has been declining over time. Your financial institution may also have changed the information that it returns via the Address Verification System, which can cause PSN to reject a card that it previously accepted.  It isn't likely that your card will be accepted in the future.  You will have to use a different funding method, such as PSN cards, or Paypal.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Do you know a way around their stupid security?  I live in Japan, so for the past year it's been impossible to add funds to my wallet with my credit card.  And I'm definitely not going to buy a PSN card from Play-Asia with a $10 markup.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I am having similar issues as everyone here and i have "successfully" added two different cards but adding funds shows code (56)

i will try again tomorrow and the next day BUT ....

DOES ANYONE know if Playstation won't actually add funds to my account since i'm living in SOUTH KOREA?  I have my console set to United States and MY CARDS are United States too. Nothing is noted to be from South Korea except maybe my internet feed. 

Any information will help! Thanks in Advance!

Shred Daily
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013
OK, so i tried my friends credit card and ALL of his information is billed through the United States too.... still doesn't work :smileysad:
Shred Daily
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)