Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: inbashkir1 First Son 1 posts

Cannot retrieve my PSN password (it is saved on my PS3, however, cannot retrieve it)

[ Edited ]
2 replies 228 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

The email I have used to set up my PS3 PSN network ID was my work email. I am currently not working at this position anymore, therefore, do not have access to my email account.  

Is there any potential way I can have my password reset? I can provide any other type of information needed, (credit card numbers used to purchase games, etc). 

I went through the password reset process however, it will send emails to the account that I used to register the account..which I no longer have access to. Any help would be appreciated! 

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: This is the closest to my situation..

I don't know my password, and I don't have access to both the email account and the Date-of-Birth associated with my Sony Entertainment Network account.  (I do not have access to the email account anymore, but I surely have my date of birth assocaited with my PSN account, as well as the name of the email for my account. In leui of the this, I can provide credit card numbers that I have used to procure games via the PSN store).  Any help would be beneficial ! Thank you very much

Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Re: Cannot retrieve my PSN password (it is saved on my PS3, however, cannot retrieve it)

Jun 22, 2013

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

To resolve this issue you must get in contact with SONY Consumer Services

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 3 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Re: Cannot retrieve my PSN password (it is saved on my PS3, however, cannot retrieve it)

Jun 22, 2013

If it's the same account that you logged on the forums with then follow these steps to change your email.

Yes you will need password.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/255/~/change-a-sign-in-id-%28email-addres...

To change the Sign-In ID (email address) of your Sony Entertainment Network account, follow these steps:

1. Go to PlayStation Network icon (PlayStation®Network) on the XMBTM and sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
      change sign in screenshot 1

1. Go to PlayStation Network icon (PlayStation®Network) > Account Management icon (Account Management) and press the X button icon button.
      change sign in screenshot 2

1. Highlight "Account Information" and press the X button icon button.
      change sign in screenshot 3

1. Select "Sign-In ID (E-mail Address)" and press the X button icon button.
      change sign in screenshot 4

1. Verify your password, the press the X button icon button on "Continue".
      change sign in screenshot 5

1. Now replace your current email address with the new email address you wish to associate your Sony Entertainment Network account. Once done press the X button icon button on "Confirm".
      change sign in screenshot 6

1. Your Sign-In ID (E-mail Address) has now been updated and a confirmation email will be sent to you.

1. Note that you must then sign in to the PlayStation Network using the new Sign-In ID before you can access the PlayStation®Store or other PlayStation Network features.
Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)
0 Likes