Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: ps3 online id

Jul 22, 2013
slave heres what you do before you get suspend for your inappropriate name. call playstation support and ask for your online id to be changed but before they tell you no tell them my name is '' inappropriate'' and i do not wish to be suspended
Message 111 of 118 (3,458 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 29, 2013
That's it. I give up. I'm just gonna make a new account. But now I need to start all over on Sleeping Dogs and I need to regain all of my trophies. I wish I can transfer my trophies to my new account. But I can't. And I even gotta repurchase my content I paid funds for. I do kind of have another reason for restarting PSN but I'm not gonna say that other reason. So once my new account is registered I may log into my old PSN account a few more times then I may or will soon delete it.

Why should I be playing GTA 5 while worrying I might not ever be able to change my username that I don't like anymore? So once I register my new account, I might think about giving out its name before I delete my old account.
Message 112 of 118 (3,338 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 30, 2013
CRAP!!! WITH A NEW PSN ACCOUNT, IF I TRY TO USE SAVES THAT WE'RE CREATED ON A DIFFERENT USER THAT CREATED A PSN ACCOUNT, I WON'T BE ABLE TO LOAD THEM!! SO IF I CAN NEVER CHANGE MY ID THEN I WILL HAVE TO START OVER ON ALL OF MY GAMES!! ALL OF THEM!!!!! MY ONLY OPTION NOW IS TO DELETE MY mrjulianhayes PSN AND NEVER PLAY ONLINE AGAIN, OR JUST KEEP WORRYING UNTIL THE PS4 COMES OUT!!!

I GOTTA TRY AND FORCE SONY TO CHANGE MY ID!!! DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SUGGESTION OF WHAT I SHOULD TELL THEM TO GET THEM TO CHANGE MY ID?!?! PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!
Message 113 of 118 (3,327 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Wait... I used my first and last name in my username. That stuff is a little bit personal. So I'll ask Sony to change it to something less personal. Hopefully they can change it because of my personal info. I'll get back here when I finish the call.
Message 114 of 118 (3,324 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013
I called them, they said what everyone says:
You'll have to make a new account.

I told them my ID has information that is a bit personal, and they said they can't change it. WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!?!?! If I make a new account, then I will need to start all over on all my games!!! Not just Sleeping Dogs!! ALL OF THEM!! Why can't it be like PS2 how everyone who uses the system all uses the same data?!?! I'm having the worst July of my life!!! I just want my username changed!!
Message 115 of 118 (3,323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Change PSN id?

Jul 31, 2013
I'm new to PlayStation. But I can easily see that it doesn't look like there will be any name changing in the future. Sorry Julian, at least the accounts are free on ps3. But I don't think anyone realizes how computers store data. I can give you an example of why computer registries won't change the data if you do. But I won't pretend like I know it all. I do know a little bit of computer science but I don't make computers. Bottom line is, it's not easy. It's probably quite difficult. I dont know how Sony stores their data but if the feature isn't there, then we are going to just suck it up and make new accounts. But if they do add the feature some idiot better not complain about copying Xbox. You know all major consoles have some form of motion control? Wii did it first, does that mean Xbox and Sony copied Wii? No, Wii just raised expectations so Xbox and Sony met them. They didn't have to, but they want to reach out to the Wii gamers too, so they did. Trophies and achievements are different. If people think like this then I guess the console industry is going to copy each other forever.
Message 116 of 118 (3,298 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 31, 2013
Well they can at least copy one more thing. BEING ABLE TO CHANGE OUR ID IF WE NEED TO!! I'm really getting fed up with this nonsense!!! Well Super Smash Bros Brawl which is only on Wii does have some little username changing thing. AND THERE IS NO TYPE OF REQUIREMENTS OF CHANGING OUR NAME THERE!!! NO WAIT, NO FEE, NOTHING REQUIRED!!! The kids can just change their name all day with complete freedom!! But it's just for that one game I think. It's on Wii and Wii does not have like some online service of like having an account of everything being stored to just one account. The SSBB online thing is a little similar to PSN but you can only have one online profile. If you want a new one, then you need to delete your all your SSBB data. Like starting all over on your PS3 games if you need to make a new PSN account. So I gotta be able to change my username before GTA 5 comes out. That would be pretty much my deadline. I'll have to keep speaking to people who work for Sony until I reach one that might have information for me. At least if I find information on when I can change my username in the future such as when PS4 comes out, I won't have anything else to worry about on PSN. And I'll just play GTA 5 while I wait for the ability. But with all the "nos" on the Internet, I feel there could be a lower chance. But I can only hope for the best. It will take me a lot of phone calls. At least the PS4 is only about 4 months away so the wait isn't gonna be way too long but I got GTA 5 in the way so the ability has better get here soon enough. I would already be happy if the ability was coming in just 5 minutes after I posted this. I want the ability to change my username NOW!! I'm sure I want it more then Veruca Salt wanted her stupid goose. DON'T CARE HOW I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOOW!!!!
Message 117 of 118 (3,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Useless mods, useless admins, useless customer service.

Such a shame, because I was a 360 guy from the jump, and recently converted to PS3 and actually LOVE ps3, the lack of ability to implement simple requests and changes is disheartening.

You know how you said our psn id's will just be transfering over to the new PS4?...You are taking a lot for granted with that statement. That's IF we purchase one. And everytime the goons simply rehash the same answers over and over and over again without addressing the issues, that is another person, and another person, and another person that WON'T be converting over.

I'm still on the fence. I truly appreciate my PS3, but my decision going forward will be based on Sony's ability to listen to the users paying their salaries. Right now, in my mind, they have a lot to do before I make that decision.

Message 118 of 118 (3,270 Views)