Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Change PSN id?

Dec 10, 2012
i can change my nationality in the real, why i can't change it in psn?
Message 21 of 118 (4,556 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30384 posts

Dec 10, 2012

aljoheri wrote:
i can change my nationality in the real, why i can't change it in psn?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Because although a pretty large number of people do indeed change their nationality, or at least like me take dual nationality, that amount pales into insignifcance when considering everyone else, the number is still very very small, your only option is to make a new account for the country in which you now reside, something you are meant to do as per the Sony terms & conditions anyway

Message 22 of 118 (4,553 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Dec 11, 2012

Lame. Let us change the user ID for $6.99 and limit it to every six months. End thread.

If we took the time that everyone has wasted debating this stupid, stupid restriction and invested 1% of it into finding a solution we wouldn't be having this discussion anymore. Stop defending this idiotic lack of feature and YOU sir, please move along. :smileyhappy:

Message 23 of 118 (4,532 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2012

This really needs to happen. In this day and age, not having such an easy and user-centric feature is pretty strange.

Message 24 of 118 (4,327 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Dec 29, 2012

5 years later and we STILL cannot change our PSN ID? 

All I want is to fix in my PSN ID is the capital "T" in TrainwreckDUB, because on all other systems and in all online video games I use the uersname "trainwreckDUB."

I as well as many others, rushed through the PSN ID setup in order to play my PS3 in offline singleplayer mode.  Unfortunately since my PSN ID mistake was caused by a misplaced capital letter I cannot simply make a second PSN account that reads "trainwreckDUB"

Please dont misread this as a message from a fanboy, I hate XBOX 360, Wii, PS3, and PC.  I own XBOX 360, Wii, PS3, and PC.

Message 25 of 118 (4,270 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jan 1, 2013

huh thats funny the chinese can change their psn ids all day long theyre the only ones with it, but the thing is that anyone can sing up for a chinese account and change their ids whenever. but thats only for ppl that can read chinese not english characters i believe so why not give it to everyone else?

Message 26 of 118 (4,212 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Change PSN id?And others

Jan 3, 2013
I would like ask two questions if I could and you answer me Sony ? Can the psn account be deleted or deactivated and been deleted by not using it ? If yes then you can make another psn account with the same Id of the one that has been deactivated ? If you permit me I would like to know when your age is now 18 years can you buy games that are restricted and weren't in the playstation store for not buying them
Message 27 of 118 (4,167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Change PSN id?And others

Jan 3, 2013

This still moderately saddens me.

The V near the end of my ID was supposed to be uppercase (it was when I registered it) and it was made lowercase for whatever reason after the registration was completed.  Not that I particularly like this ID too much anymore, but I'd rather have it the way I inputted it.

Message 28 of 118 (4,164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Changing your PSN ID would not be a difficult feature to add. Seeing as I can freely change my JP PSN ID, I wouldn't be surprised if it just an unchecked box in the options menu of their PS3 firmware bundle.

Message 29 of 118 (4,114 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2013

i need to change my id people are making fun of my username and my brother put it so i dont want none of that japaneese stuff only english dude im canadian not from japan dude at least $5.00 for name change sony is that hard

Message 30 of 118 (3,882 Views)
0 Likes