First Son
2 posts

Re: Change PSN id?

Apr 7, 2013
now i know that i have already brought this topic up but if you keep on ignoring our comment on the subject of name change we will just have enough and give our money to Microsoft so if you don't want to lose customers then help us out

Message 51 of 118 (1,682 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Apr 7, 2013
That's **bleep**. Microsoft lets you do it for $8, and Nintendo lets you change your Nintendo Network name and Mii name, so why won't Sony let us do the same?
Message 52 of 118 (1,679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I guess if you call the PlayStation customer support they will change it for you just once if your a fairly new member.
Message 53 of 118 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 15, 2013

I hope this changes for you guys. At one point I thought of changing mine, but I think I'm lucky that my username had not been taken when I joined the PSN.

I really see no reason for them not to change it. Even if it's a hassle, well it's one of your users. Take care of 'em, Sony.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 54 of 118 (1,623 Views)
MVP Support
40048 posts

Apr 15, 2013

xlHELLBOUNDlx wrote:
I guess if you call the PlayStation customer support they will change it for you just once if your a fairly new member.

No they won't.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 55 of 118 (1,618 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 15, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

xlHELLBOUNDlx wrote:

No they won't.

BRIT-KO

I second this.  I know it's a bit of a drag that we cannot change our names on a whim.  It's a minor concern to me personally.  I am curious to see how they handle it when PS4 comes out. Being able to change your name then would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

Message 56 of 118 (1,613 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 15, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

xlHELLBOUNDlx wrote:

No they won't.

BRIT-KO

I second this.  I know it's a bit of a drag that we cannot change our names on a whim.  It's a minor concern to me personally.  I am curious to see how they handle it when PS4 comes out. Being able to change your name then would be a welcome addition in my opinion.

What is in a name anyway.  Just because it is not profound?  I am not against changing PSN IDs, I am just wondering why someone would want to constantly change their name.

As well, even though it does not state it in the Terms of Use, it is implied the PSN ID chosen is part of the binding agreement to the Terms, and subject to penalties associated.  Changing a PSN ID would allow people to circumvent these Terms on some level.  I am going out on a limb here, but I am sure this is why it is not possible to change the ID at this time.  I also know they let them change their IDs in Japan, so maybe it is coming to the PS4.

Just my thoughts at least.

Moble

Message 57 of 118 (1,610 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I find it ridiculious that the psn id can't be changed. I just want to add my 2 cents in with the rest of the people in the hopes that psn will try to fix this problem. I had no idea it could not be changed when I created it when the ps3 first came out, and picked  a random meaningless name for an id. But, after buying a few addons and games I decided to stay with that I would lose anything I bought if I changed it. Changing it would cost me a ton of money at this point. I periodically check to see if psn has fixed this problem, but it doesn't seem like they have as of yet. to be completely honest, I tend to buy xbox games now because I don't have some stupid user name pop up when I go online. In the least it would be nice if I could change the visible name that comes up when I game with other people online.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM PSN!!

Message 58 of 118 (1,567 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Apr 22, 2013

Im curious as to how chaning your name now would cost you a ton of money.  I could make a new one and I wouldn't cost me a cent.  Also I do belive when you pick a username it says it cannot be changed (I could be wrong it's been awhile).

Message 59 of 118 (1,559 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 27, 2013

It will cost me money baceuse you cannot transfer purchased games and addons from one account to another.

Message 60 of 118 (1,199 Views)