Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: I wanna change my username

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013
Is that a no? Well on some random website I found some conversation about changing your psn username. And the guy who asked the question about changing his psn username seemed to have got the info he was looking for so I geuss he changed his name. So maybe I'm not screwed. I hope...

I'll talk to Sony about it tomorrow. Or maybe I should say later today.
Message 81 of 118 (707 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40037 posts

Jul 19, 2013

mrjulianhayes wrote:
Is that a no? Well on some random website I found some conversation about changing your psn username. And the guy who asked the question about changing his psn username seemed to have got the info he was looking for so I geuss he changed his name. So maybe I'm not screwed. I hope...

I'll talk to Sony about it tomorrow. Or maybe I should say later today.

Don't bother, PSN ID's cannot be changed for any reason.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 82 of 118 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 19, 2013
I'm not comfortable with my username and I don't think u understand how I'm now feeling with it. I have seen places on the Internet saying I we should be able to change our username when the PS4 comes out. And I'm not saying a display name that only I could see. I'm talking about my ACTUAL PSN name everyone else can see. Not like some fake name. A real new username. Japanese PSN users can put out a display name but I think the display name can only be seen by the owner of the account. They should update that and make it be their actual new PSN name and it would update 100% for everybody. And an ACTUAL username changing ability should be available everywhere. So when PS4 comes out or before that, we better be able to change our username.
Message 83 of 118 (686 Views)
MVP Support
40037 posts

Jul 19, 2013

mrjulianhayes wrote:
I'm not comfortable with my username and I don't think u understand how I'm now feeling with it. I have seen places on the Internet saying I we should be able to change our username when the PS4 comes out. And I'm not saying a display name that only I could see. I'm talking about my ACTUAL PSN name everyone else can see. Not like some fake name. A real new username. Japanese PSN users can put out a display name but I think the display name can only be seen by the owner of the account. They should update that and make it be their actual new PSN name and it would update 100% for everybody. And an ACTUAL username changing ability should be available everywhere. So when PS4 comes out or before that, we better be able to change our username.

I really don't see the option being made available, Sony has said nothing for many years about this & the fact that the PS4 is coming out in 4 months has nothing to do with it, PSN ID's will transfer over to the PS4, you'll just log in on your PS4 with the same PSN ID & password you have now.

I can see that your PSN ID 'appears' to be your actual name Mr Julian hayes, that was a somewhat 'silly' error on your part if that is indeed what you did, use your own real name that is, so whilst I can 100% understand your wanting to change it, it is not & will not become possible, your only option is to create a new PSN ID, sorry.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 84 of 118 (683 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 19, 2013

I hope everyone that wants to change their name is allowed to. I also hope that the only thing they can change it to is assigned to them by Sony and they are never able to change it again. I hope they automatically reassign names to everyone who has ever requested this feature. Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 118 (679 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013

I also hope they get charged at least $10 for the privilege of having a new PSN Id assigned to them.

Message 86 of 118 (677 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 19, 2013
How can u possibly tell that when the PS4 comes out I still wouldn't be able to change my name? I have seen a few things out on the Internet making a prediction when the PS4 is out we would be able to change our username if we have to. But let me tell u something, I had my PS3 since 2008 and I have been using the same system user since the day I got it. And I have been using PSN with the same account since 2011 even though it might say I joined July 2013. So if I have to create a whole new freaking account I would need to delete the system user I have always been using!! I can't even copy my Sleeping Dogs to a USB to transfer to a new system user!!! So basically I would have to ALL OVER AGAIN on Sleeping Dogs and I even need to buy my Sleeping Dogs DLC's again and I would need to restart Nightmare in Northpoint and Year of the Snake!!! At least I can transfer my Pain, Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Adventure. But not my Sleeping Dogs or any of the stuff I purchased for it!! ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN ME?!?!?! ALL I WANT TO DO IS CHANGE MY USERNAME SO I DON'T NEED TO RESTART ON SLEEPING DOGS!!! OR EVEN COMPLETELY RESTART ON MULTIPLAYER OR HAVE TO BOTHER GETTING THAT KILL A ROCKSTAR GTA IV TROPHY!! BECAUSE I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE KILL A ROCKSTAR TROPHY WHERE IT SAYS ROCKSTAR. IF I CAN JUST CHANGE MY USERNAME I WOULDN'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT LOSING ANY OF MY STUFF!! Please just add the username change feature so I can move on happily.
Message 87 of 118 (673 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 19, 2013

WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO POST IN CAPS????? IT'S CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND IS RUDE AND UNNECCESSARY. YOU SEEN THINGS ONLINE THAT YOU MAY BE ABLE TO CHANGE? OKAY BELIEVE THAT THEN INSTAED OF WHAT YOU'RE SEEING HERE. NOW YOU CAN GO AWAY HAPPY. Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 118 (671 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Well I just want my username changed. I just kinda wanna make sure everyone understands how I'm feeling with my username that I don't want anymore. I did send Sony some feedback to give us the option so I hope they listened. I spent a lot of money getting new content for my Sleeping Dogs. And I made a lot of percentage. I at least hope GTA 5 will be transferable.
But what I really want is to change my username. Or I at least know when I will be able to change it. I can't give up and throw all that money away.
Message 89 of 118 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 19, 2013
Well I just want my username changed. I just kinda want to make sure that others know how I feel with my name that I don't want anymore. I spent a lot of money for new content for my Sleeping Dogs. And I don't want to throw all that money away. I gotta have my name changed soon.
Message 90 of 118 (670 Views)
0 Likes