Mar 11 2013
By: sangoten234 First Son 1 posts

Change the laguage of PSOne games.

2 replies 96 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Hello, I recently bought 3 PSOne games (Spyro the Dragon, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid) on the Playstation Store, but unfortunately, they are only in English. I live in Quebec so I speak French so I would like to have my games in French. There is no way to change the language games'' in-game'' so I ask for your help.

thank you Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34828 posts

Re: Change the laguage of PSOne games.

Mar 11, 2013

sangoten234 wrote:

Hello, I recently bought 3 PSOne games (Spyro the Dragon, Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid) on the Playstation Store, but unfortunately, they are only in English. I live in Quebec so I speak French so I would like to have my games in French. There is no way to change the language games'' in-game'' so I ask for your help.

thank you Smiley Happy

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I'm aware that Quebec is the only Canadian city to be around 80% Francophone but unless there is the option in the game to change the language then I'm sorry but you are stuck with the game being in Canada's native laguage which is English.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 3 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20465 posts

Re: Change the laguage of PSOne games.

Mar 11, 2013

Quebec is a province (similar to a state in the US).  Montreal is a city.  Regardless, PS1 games were distributed on CD-ROM media and had limited storage space.  Text-heavy games like Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid did not typically have multiple languages on one disk. While games released in the Canadian retail market today are typically required by law to include something that passes for French somewhere, that doesn't necessarily apply to PS1 content, some of which was released almost 20 years ago.  PS1 Classics are essentially the same content that was on the original CD-ROMs.  If they had to support French to be distributed in Canada, then they would not be available in the Canadian Playstation Store at all.  There are French versions of the games, but they were PAL video titles, and would likely only be available in the EU Playstation Store.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes