Nov 28 2012
By: anahi2002 First Son 1 posts

Changing ID from previous owner

2 replies 612 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

I'm trying to install Netflix in my PS3 but the previous owner ID is still on the ps3 system and don't know how to created a new one so I can start using netflix. How can I change the ID to create my ID?

Message 1 of 3 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Re: Changing ID from previous owner

Nov 28, 2012

Hi BUCKi3_BUCK here to try and guide you through this. Assuming that you are using previous owners account here is what to do.  First on the account go all the way left you are at the system accounts section from there go up till you see create a new user. Go ahead and create one this will be your user account. When you have created this new account then click on your new account. This will sign you out of the previous owners account and onto your new one. Next scroll to the right till you come upon a black logo saying to sign up for playstation network. This will be your online ID/Account. This is pretty straight forward just follow the steps to sign up. Once all that is completed you now have your own account on the system and playstation network. From here you can do what you want for netflix. Just for futher info tho if there is any probs installing it then delete previous owners account by going back to the left side press triangle on his account and delete it then try your account again. Any futher issues i would post in support forums. Hope this helps Sincerily, BUCKi3_BUCK.

Message 2 of 3 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Re: Changing ID from previous owner

Nov 28, 2012

Thread moved from PS Home Support

Message 3 of 3 (591 Views)
0 Likes