Feb 27 2013
By: Kube75 First Son 5 posts

Changing country of residence - time for Sony to face the modern world!!

10 replies 132 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

Like many others here, I was trying to change the country of residence on my PSN account. Last year I moved from the UK to the US and would like to reflect that on my PSN account. Unfortunately, just realized and was told by Sony's customer service that it is not possible....

Obviously, starting a new account is not an option for me. I have been playing PS3 for years and don't want to lose all my trophies.

Creating a new account would mean going back to 0 trophies and, in fact, removing all barriers I currently have to consider other gaming platforms like the XBox - which, I am sure, is definitely not in Sony's interest! Especially this year, with both platforms launching new consoles, Sony should do whatever it takes to reduce churn.

Not only that, but in current times it is extremely frequent for people to move from one country to another....

Wake up, Sony!! Even Microsoft is now allowing country of residence changes for XBox Live accounts! Why shouldn't you do the same? If by this holiday season I have 0 trophies on both platforms, I am 'free' to move away. Is that what you really want?

Message 1 of 11 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Message 2 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Changing country of residence - time for Sony to face the modern world!!

Feb 27, 2013

Thanks for being irrelevant.

I was not saying XBox is better or that I own one. But as a PS3 fan, it is my duty to point out to Sony when some things they are doing are wrong or could be better. Because, as a customer, I care.

Message 3 of 11 (124 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20269 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Kube75 wrote:

Thanks for being irrelevant.

I was not saying XBox is better or that I own one. But as a PS3 fan, it is my duty to point out to Sony when some things they are doing are wrong or could be better. Because, as a customer, I care.

Your threat "If by this holiday season I have 0 trophies on both platforms, I am 'free' to move away. Is that what you really want?" is irrelevant. We don't care. Move away.

Message 4 of 11 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 27, 2013

You obviously don't. Now Sony, in such a competitive world with people moving all the time, should care. I hope they do. I couldn't care less what you think, though.

Message 5 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20269 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Kube75 wrote:

You obviously don't. Now Sony, in such a competitive world with people moving all the time, should care. I hope they do. I couldn't care less what you think, though.

I hope they don't go out of business because they lost one sale to you. See I do care. I hope they do too.

Message 6 of 11 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 27, 2013

And that's how companies fail. Funny if you believe I am the only one with this problem though...

Message 7 of 11 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20269 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Kube75 wrote:

And that's how companies fail. Funny if you believe I am the only one with this problem though...

Yes. You're the only one. Otherwise this would have been brought up before. I still hope you're wrong about the company failing because of you though.....

Message 8 of 11 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Message 10 of 11 (102 Views)
0 Likes