May 14 2013
By: venombladehk First Son 1 posts

Charged double for the price of one game(MHP3)

1 replies 116 views Edited May 14, 2013

Hi there PS store, I recently bought Monster Hunter 3rd for the PSP, however I play it on the PS Vita that I own.

Here's the thing. I bought it under USER1 on the PS3, therefore the PSVita did not recognise it linked and wouldn't let me transfer the game across because it is linked to the USER2.

I decided to delete the game from USER1, then logged into USER2, and proceeded to try and download the game again from the PS store. Upon finding the game again in the list, I clicked on the purchase button to try and download it. It stated that I had $0.00 in my wallet but allowed me to finish the checkout. Upon doing this, I had thought I had only bought the game once on my PS3, as I only have one copy of the Monster Hunter 3rd .. Well that is until my Credit Card statement came through and stated that I have been charged twice for this game I have only one copy of.

I want to know why it still proceeded to charge my Credit Card even though my Wallet was empty, and how I can get about to getting a refund on one of my purchases.

Many Thanks

Jay

Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7831 posts

Re: Charged double for the price of one game(MHP3)

May 14, 2013

Welcome to the forums, venombladehk.

This is a community of Playstation Users, we cannot refund you.

You clicked on "Purchase" twice once on USER1 and once on USER2.  This is fatal, coupled with your credit card info being stored on your account and the funding option set to automatically charge your card if the wallet does not have enough funds.

Generally speaking, purchases are final, with no refunds.  You can try to contact SONY by clicking on "Contacting Support" in the lower left corner of any forum page and pleading your case.

Good luck.

Oh, and if you don't want your card charged automatically delete the card number/expiry from your account.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
Playstation Signature photo Signature-1.jpg
MVP Terms and Conditions ____________(=^‥^=)____________ Forum Rules of Conduct

================== SONY Customer Service ==================

Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)