Feb 13 2013
By: Rich99 First Son 3 posts

Charged for PS All Stars DLC even though it says it was free.

8 replies 198 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

I just went onto the playstation store to download the new Playstation All-Stars dlc characters which were announced to be free for the first two weeks. Getting onto the add-ons page for All-Stars I see that not only are the two characters free, a lot of the newly released minions are also free. I proceed to download them feeling extremely happy and couldn;t wait to play. Right after I finish dowloading my tenth FREE minion I receive a flood of emails. I proceed to check the emails and lo and behold, they were ten invoices from sony saying they charged me 50 cents for each of the minions, which were clearly marked as FREE, I had downloaded. This is outrageous and unacceptable. Sony should not be swindling money from its loyal customers.

Message 1 of 9 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Charged for PS All Stars DLC even though it says it was free.

Feb 13, 2013
Same thing happened to me and a lot of other people. I've searched online and it seems like there is no way to contact Sony about it other than the phone number, and calling that just gets you prerecorded messages that wont help with the issue.
Message 2 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Just got off the phone with them. They sent the request for a refund to their billing department and will have an answer within 10-15 business days depending on how bad the issue is. I suggest you all call so that they look into it. 

PS: I waited in line for ~15 minutes

Message 3 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I was ripped off because the same thing happened to me. Called sony and all it is is press 1 if your having this problem, 2 if you're having this problem, etc. They don't have a press button if you got ripped off. SONY GIVE US OUR $5 BACK.

Message 4 of 9 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Dude1985dawg wrote:

I was ripped off because the same thing happened to me. Called sony and all it is is press 1 if your having this problem, 2 if you're having this problem, etc. They don't have a press button if you got ripped off. SONY GIVE US OUR $5 BACK.

Just don't select anything and wait. That's the button you want.

Message 5 of 9 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Yea, I got off the live chat with an agent from the playstationn customer support after they said they had to call me to resolve the issue.

Just got off the phone. The agent sent a refund request for me and also said that it would take 10-15 days before they came to a decision on whether to give the refund. He also said that the department handles the refund requests case-by-case. So even though it seems a lot of people were incorrectly charged, they still might not give refunds to anyone,

Message 6 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 13, 2013

10-15 buisness days? Really? That just seems like a long time

Message 7 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Rich99 wrote:

Yea, I got off the live chat with an agent from the playstationn customer support after they said they had to call me to resolve the issue.

Just got off the phone. The agent sent a refund request for me and also said that it would take 10-15 days before they came to a decision on whether to give the refund. He also said that the department handles the refund requests case-by-case. So even though it seems a lot of people were incorrectly charged, they still might not give refunds to anyone,

That would suck... I don't want nba2013 for 30$ Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 9 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Feb 13, 2013

well ok

Message 9 of 9 (152 Views)
0 Likes