Nov 05 2013
By: Cubs-Redskins First Son 4 posts

Connection Issue to PSN

7 replies 207 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

Out of the blue PSN stated my login was incorrect. I tried logging back in but it continues to say that either my loggin or password are wrong. I've rebooted and that didn't work. I've asked for the password via email and it still hasn't came yet. Any ideas why this occured?

Message 1 of 8 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15693 posts

Re: Connection Issue to PSN

Nov 5, 2013

You can manage your account from a web browser here: https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/login.action

There is an option for "Trouble Signing In?" which will lead you to a link to reset your password.

You can also take a look at this article:  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1931

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 5, 2013
i have changed my password and have been able to post here and it still says the information is incorrect on the ps3. now what?
Message 3 of 8 (189 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15693 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Megs89 wrote:
i have changed my password and have been able to post here and it still says the information is incorrect on the ps3. now what?

Megs, your ID here in these forums is NOT the same as your PSN ID.  Your forum login (ID and password) can be different from your PSN ID, and if you change information here (like your password) it has NO effect on your PSN ID info.  Follow the directions in my post above.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 4 of 8 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 5, 2013
For me to post here I had to sign into my PSN account, which I did after I reset the PW two different times through the PS3 as the article suggested. It still isn't connecting and is still saying the info is incorrect.
Guess I will just play the Campaign for now.
Message 5 of 8 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 5, 2013

i've had a playstation since they first came out and never had an issue with anything. only now i want to smash my ps3 to bits as i have had problems with 2 games black ops and black ops 2 unable to sign in works for one game then get blank screen get signed out randomly all other games work fine like cod 4 what is going on do sony want everyone to get xbox instead cause i haven't heard of any similar problems with xbox live.do sony want to charge us a fee if so i.ll get a pc as i.m not a **bleep** who buys something then pays each month to use my own property if we exept it then they control you. this is our network without us there is no network stop being told whats what make a stand or sit down slave and do as your told. we are the customer demand satisfaction

Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Megs89 wrote:
For me to post here I had to sign into my PSN account, which I did after I reset the PW two different times through the PS3 as the article suggested. It still isn't connecting and is still saying the info is incorrect.
Guess I will just play the Campaign for now.

To see if I understand

Ok, the PSN ID under which you play your games, the one which fails to successfully log into the PSN [via your PS3] is Megs89, correct? Correct.

You can log into the forums using Megs89 BUT not in your PS3.

Make sure that you are trying to log in under the user account [system account] associated to Megs89.

Make sure to check your email junk/spam folder for the password reset email.

For  more tech support on this issue, please contact SONY CS

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 7 of 8 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Nov 5, 2013

reprab8 wrote:

i've had a playstation since they first came out and never had an issue with anything. only now i want to smash my ps3 to bits as i have had problems with 2 games black ops and black ops 2 unable to sign in works for one game then get blank screen get signed out randomly all other games work fine like cod 4 what is going on do sony want everyone to get xbox instead cause i haven't heard of any similar problems with xbox live.do sony want to charge us a fee if so i.ll get a pc as i.m not a **bleep** who buys something then pays each month to use my own property if we exept it then they control you. this is our network without us there is no network stop being told whats what make a stand or sit down slave and do as your told. we are the customer demand satisfaction

|Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forums

Helps us help you.

Provide us with more technical info about this issue. Based on what you have said, it can be that the game's data files are corrupted OR issues with game's server which are owned by Activision] OR your local network.  Help us help you.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 8 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes