Jan 28 2013
By: lilmsfit First Son 2 posts

Constantly having to restart ps3 system

2 replies 108 views Edited Jan 28, 2013
It seems to me that since your resent maintenance update that I have to now restart my PS3 system. This has only been happening during my on line multi-player games. Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Little Big planet 2 and Assassins Creed 3. I understand call of duty must see the issue, cause they are trying to give customers 2xp until today. This would be helpful but the game freezes once it starts picking textiles or we seem to be connected and when we start to move it freezes. I cannot earn xp points this way it becomes frustrating having to restart my system, plus i feel like this maybe damaging my hardware. Please help. I am a hardcore female gamer bonding with my son!!!
Message 1 of 3 (108 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21106 posts

Re: Constantly having to restart ps3 system

Jan 30, 2013

If you are experiencing freezes in multiple games, that is generally a hardware problem.  Most commonly, a problem with the hard disk.  Contrary to popular belief, this isn't caused by the PS3 System software.  The PS3 gives full control of the hardware to PS3 games while they are running, so the System software can't cause the game to freeze.  A defect in the game can cause it to freeze, but if it happens in multiple games, then that is almost always a hardware problem.  You may need to replace your PS3 hard disk drive.

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: Constantly having to restart ps3 system

Jan 30, 2013
Thank you so much with some insight on my dilemma. I guess I should start researching the cost of the equipment and labor.
Message 3 of 3 (80 Views)
0 Likes