Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 16 2013
By: Ishmial First Son 5 posts

Credit Card invalid?

8 replies 369 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

I've seen a lot of people complain about the PSN rejecting their credit cards.

On my PS3, my Vita, and on the website, every time I enter my card information (And I have my card # memorized, I've entered it so many times, it's correct), nothing seems to process. It just tells me that my card number is invalid, as if I'd mistyped it (Which I haven't).
My financial institution can give me no advice, because nothing is ever run, and no charge attempts are made.

Any idea? The card works with Amazon, eBay, and everywhere else, it seems.

Message 1 of 9 (369 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Re: Credit Card invalid?

Feb 17, 2013

There are a few reasons why a card may not be accepted.  If the card issuer does not support the Address Verification System (AVS), then the card will not be accepted.  If the card does work with AVS, but the billing address is marked as unconfirmed; meaning that the financial institution has never actually sent you postal mail, then the card will not be accepted.  If the billing address of the card does not precisely match the registered address of your PSN account, then the card will not be accepted. This rules out almost all prepaid cards, and most debit cards that are not linked to a bank checking account. It also rules out all credit cards with foreign billing addresses, including APO military mailing addresses.

GKP
Message 2 of 9 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I checked all those. The card was attached to my PSN account for over a year, and when I purchased my Vita, all my billing information was wiped. It doesn't seem to send any information from the page to my financial institution, it just rejects the number.

Message 3 of 9 (347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 17, 2013

psnissue.png

A shot of my issue. 

It's as if it doesn't think my card number (Which is correct), is a legitimate number.

Message 4 of 9 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 9 (312 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I don't understand what you mean when you say that when you purchased your Vita, your credit card information was wiped.  Wiped by whom?  By you, and if so why?  Just configuring a Vita to use your PSN account wouldn't result in any changes to your PSN account, including your billing information. Why don't you create a Paypal account, and use that instead with the same credit card?

GKP
Message 6 of 9 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I purchased the Vita, tried to make a purchase with it, it said I could either buy it with my PS3 or wipe my billing information and reinput it. Since I wasn't at home, I figured I could just reinput the information (As I had the card on me). It wouldn't take the info, the PS3 wouldn't, and now the actual site wouldn't.

I have a Paypal account set up like that, but it only seems to add 20 and 50 dollar denominations to my Wallet. 

Message 7 of 9 (305 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

Paypal has the same $5 minimum that every other PSN funding source has, but it is true that Paypal can only add funds in a few specific increments ($5, $10, $25, $50, and whatever the difference is between your current balance and $150); as opposed to any whole dollar amount of $5 or more, as you can with a credit card.  You can do multiple transactions of those amounts to get a different balance, but Sony really assumes that people with Paypal accounts and credit cards don't need to be concerned about $15 or $20 one way or another.

GKP
Message 8 of 9 (303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 24, 2014

I enter my visa gift card number it worked last week but now  it says enter valid card number. Very confused at this point it worked last week with the media go store.

Message 9 of 9 (96 Views)
0 Likes