May 12 2013
By: nespala30 First Son 1 posts

Credit card payment in different region

5 replies 1329 views Edited May 12, 2013

Hi I need help, I live in El Salvador but my region is supposed to be Mexico as my country wasn't listed so my credit card won't go through because of the billing address as the card is not from Mexico , what can I do cause I want to purchase some add ones for Call of Duty and this wont let me

Message 1 of 6 (1,329 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Credit card payment in different region

May 12, 2013

nespala30 wrote:

Hi I need help, I live in El Salvador but my region is supposed to be Mexico as my country wasn't listed so my credit card won't go through because of the billing address as the card is not from Mexico , what can I do cause I want to purchase some add ones for Call of Duty and this wont let me

Buy PSN cards for the correct region.

Message 2 of 6 (1,325 Views)
MVP Support
40006 posts

May 12, 2013

nespala30 wrote:

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

As my friend above has said you'll need to purchase PSN cards for the region where your account is.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 6 (1,321 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
29381 posts

May 13, 2013

PSN won't accept any credit card unless it's billing address is in the same country that your PSN account is registered in.  If you created a PSN account for Mexico, then only a credit card with a billing address in Mexico will be accepted.  If your country is not one of the choices when you create a PSN account, then PSN is not offered in your country, and you are not supposed to use PSN at all.  It wasn't an accident that El Salvador was left off the list.  Sony had legal or business reasons for not offering PSN in your country.  There is nothing that Sony can do to stop you from creating a PSN account for a different country, but you are not allowed to do that, and Sony can prevent you from using your credit card to purchase things in the Playstation Store with an unauthorized account; and it did so.  Your only option is to use your credit card to purchase Playstation Network cards that are denominated in Mexican Pesos.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (1,316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 18, 2016
Im currently in Mexico and would like to purchase items off the play store but evertime I put my card info I cant change the part where it says USA what do I have to do? Fiendin for some MADDEN!!!
Message 5 of 6 (609 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1663 posts

Mar 18, 2016

Is your PSN account a US account?  The country you set when creating your PSN account cannot be changed. 

If that's the case, you'll need to follow the instructions above - you'll need US PSN cards to fund your account's wallet to buy the game.

Contact Sony's Customer Support: Phone: 1-800-345-7669 / Live Chat
(Available during normal business hours only.)
Message 6 of 6 (599 Views)
0 Likes