Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 03 2013
By: DUKE_3108 First Son 1 posts

Currently Deployed and need help.

3 replies 121 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

I am a soldier deployed to Afghanistan right now and I just recieved a message indicating a password change and purchases made with my account. What are my options? I changed my password but who ever used my account changed me password as well. I need some help please.

Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Re: Currently Deployed and need help.

Mar 4, 2013

DUKE_3108 wrote:

I am a soldier deployed to Afghanistan right now and I just recieved a message indicating a password change and purchases made with my account. What are my options? I changed my password but who ever used my account changed me password as well. I need some help please.

I recommend you call SONY Tech Support and explain your current situation. The sooner you call them the better.

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (112 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30384 posts

Mar 4, 2013

DUKE_3108 wrote:

Welcome to the PlsyStation Community.

i agree with the above, contact Sony customer support a soon as you can.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

But as well as this is there perhaps someone back in the US, maybe a family member or a good friend that you can perhaps contact & ask them to check the PS3 & it's security for you?

Keep up the good work.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)
MVP Support
15588 posts

Mar 4, 2013

If you are receiving these messages, then that indicates that the e-mail address for the account has not been changed.  You can therefore reset the password at any time by just selecting the "Forgot Your Password?" button or link on the sign-in screen or window.  You will have to provide your date-of-birth, and then a link to reset the password will be sent to the e-mail address for the account.  I suggest that you do so immediately.  If the person that changed your password also changes the e-mail address, then your account will be more difficult to recover.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes