Feb 17 2013
By: crisrich First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

DLC from different region than the main game

5 replies 152 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

I'm registered with the US PSN store and have bought basically all of my PS3 games and add ons through it. The exception is Skyrim V. I bought the original DVD from an online shop in England because they had a good offer at that time.

Everything worked well until I bought and downloaded the Dragonborn DLC from the US store last Wednesday. Before that the 1.8 update patch was automatically downloaded and installed without any apparent problems. The download and installation of the DLC also happened without any apparent problem or error message, but it isn't recognized by the main program. In the "Downloadable Contents" item of the main game menu it says "No content downloaded".

How can this problem be solved?

Message 1 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Re: DLC from different region than the main game

Feb 17, 2013

crisrich wrote:

I'm registered with the US PSN store and have bought basically all of my PS3 games and add ons through it. The exception is Skyrim V. I bought the original DVD from an online shop in England because they had a good offer at that time.

Everything worked well until I bought and downloaded the Dragonborn DLC from the US store last Wednesday. Before that the 1.8 update patch was automatically downloaded and installed without any apparent problems. The download and installation of the DLC also happened without any apparent problem or error message, but it isn't recognized by the main program. In the "Downloadable Contents" item of the main game menu it says "No content downloaded".

How can this problem be solved?

It can't. The DLC and game region must match. You need to get a US version of the game or purchase the DLC with a UK account.

Message 2 of 6 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Thank you for the reply :smileyhappy:

Can I open an additional account in the UK just to buy the Skyrim DLCs? If yes, where can I find instructions on how to do this?

Message 3 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

crisrich wrote:

Thank you for the reply :smileyhappy:

Can I open an additional account in the UK just to buy the Skyrim DLCs? If yes, where can I find instructions on how to do this?

Yes you do it on the XMB just like when you created your US account. You just choose UK as the country. You'll need a UK address. You'll need a different e-mail account. You'll also need a way to pay for the DLC using British Pounds.

Message 4 of 6 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 17, 2013

It worked now. I bought, downloaded and installed the DLC from the UK store.

There should be an error message when people try to install uncompatible DLCs.

Message 5 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18791 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes