Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: Vincent1993tian First Son 2 posts

Debit card can't use in playstation store?

6 replies 1720 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

1.i am sure what am I doing.

2.i am sure my debit card number

3.i am sure my first name and last name

4.i put the same address match my debit card

5.i guess Sony doesn't want our money ?

6. Why always ask me try later.?

Message 1 of 7 (1,720 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Debit card can't use in playstation store?

Jan 7, 2013
it just show me : Currently unable to add funds to your account. Please try again later.
what does that mean?
Message 2 of 7 (1,719 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Jan 7, 2013

The Playstation Store only accepts debit cards if they are connected to a bank checking account, and sometimes not even then.  It depends on whether the bank supports the Address Verification Service protocol for its debit cards.  PSN doesn't accept pre-paid cards of any kind, or debit cards from most Internet banks.  One reason is that such cards provide no proof of residence, so Sony can't determine the appropriate sales tax due. 

If your card is not accepted by PSN, then you can use it to buy Playstation Network card codes from Amazon.com or other web sites, and then use the Playstation Network card codes to fund your wallet.

GKP
Message 3 of 7 (1,692 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Is this new? Because my Visa debit card has been valid for a few years now.

Message 4 of 7 (1,680 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 20, 2013
This is happening to me at the moment: I added my visa debit card to my account no problem. Then I accidentally erased the billing info, and now it wont let me add it again? WTH???? It tells me the info is incorrect. I call BS on sony's part.
Message 5 of 7 (1,555 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 20, 2013

This is total bs. My debit card was working just last night and I cleared it and now this is happening.  What the actual **bleep** Sony!

Message 6 of 7 (1,543 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Apr 21, 2013

SNEI only decides whether or not to accept the card when the billing information is first added.  Once the billing information is successfully updated, the card will work as long as the bank approves the charges.  If you delete the billing information, and then add it again, you have to go through the acceptance check again.  Sony updates the acceptance criteria regularly, and it has become more and more restrictive over time.  The fact that your card was accepted before, does not mean that it will be accepted now.  Sony is not obligated to accept your card now, because it accepted it in the past.  Debit cards are generally not accepted, unless they look exactly like a credit card to the merchant.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (1,535 Views)
0 Likes