Apr 08 2013
By: EpicTomFool First Son 1 posts

Defiance season pass will not download, please assist

6 replies 2006 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

Okay, When I decided to buy the Defiance game that recently came out, I used my usual method: Buy it on playstation store and download it. When the download began, I had a code for a $40 season pass for the same game, and I entered the code on playstation store, and it was accepted and acknowledged. However, when I clicked the download button, it froze for a few seconds then went back to the Season pass item screen (download,rate this title, etc). When I checked my download list, it hadn't even been added to the queue. ( it should have been in line to download after the game it was for finished downloading) So I waited until the Defiance game was completely installed and patched, then I went back onto the playstation store and the season pass was still recognized as purchased, but it still would not initiate the download process. I also noticed that there is an area to redeem codes in game, however since my code was used on the playstation store it is no longer valid, and cannot be entered in the in game prompt. So my question is: Does anybody have any idea how I can download this item? Its quite a significant price to pay for something I can't even use, and I am very frustrated that it was so easy for this mistake to happen.

(also, the website's support center did not help at all. I think it should just get shut down since most people come to the forums for help anyways)

Message 1 of 7 (2,006 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
3821 posts

Re: Defiance season pass will not download, please assist

Apr 8, 2013

Hi Tom,

Great choice of game right there.  I'm wanting to get that myself!  On track...  With a Season Pass purchase, it isn't added to your download list.  The items that come with the Season Pass are released over time and added to your Download list when they're released.  To find out if you got your purchase simply go to your Account Management under the PlayStation Network icon via your PlayStation 3 system.  Follow list below to see if you have indeed purchased the pass for Defiance.

1. Account Management
  2. Transaction Management
  3. Services List

Go through the services list to find out if you did purchase the item(s).  If you find it then you'll get the download when the item(s) are released.  If you do not find the Season Pass in the service list check again.  If you still don't find it and Sony did charge for the item please check out the PlayStation Knowledge Centers Live Chat.  I hope this helps.  Link below...

PlayStation Knowledge Center Live Chat 

Bambi-01us
Message 2 of 7 (1,998 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Oct 25, 2014

all the dlc's are out, it wont download anything.

Message 3 of 7 (639 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3821 posts

Oct 25, 2014

Go to the PlayStation Store and use the search engine for Definace.  When you get there you should see a section were there is the Overview, Add-Ons, Videos, Recommendations. . . Try the section where it says Add-Ons.  If you see parts there that are free - that would be part of the pass.

Bambi-01us
Message 4 of 7 (629 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 7, 2014

Thank goodness I found this post! I have been trying to figure out this same issue. I tested it out. I had bought the Season Pass DLC on the playstation store. I tried downloading but nothing happened. So I did what you suggested. Go to each DLC that is part of the season pass and download that way. The download took seconds. It doesnt show up in your download list but IT DOES show as a "service" in your (PSN) (ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT) (SERVICE LIST) i think in that order.  Each DLC that is part of the season pass that I downloaded will be listed as a service.

MUCH HELP THANK YOU!! I finally get to enjoy my purhcase Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2016

I tried this after buying the season pass earlier on and this didn't solve my problem and I tried aodwnloading them as add-on but that did nothing and through the service list as well. Is there anything else that I can try?

Much appreciated if you can get this working for me.

Message 6 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
330 posts

Mar 13, 2016

This thread has been necrobumped and will now be locked.

Message 7 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes